Diana Cast in Man of Steel 2

• sacul
  • Away
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
2 years 10 months ago #118650 by sacul
to be fair, the outfit does look really cool and i think it looks better than some cheezy bright costume from the comics. The new superman look i also really liked as the suit looked more like a battle suit than just some tights. i am in agreement that Gal Godot does look a bit skinny still for the role, but we'll see about the acting itself and how she's portrayed. I think it's a bit to early to call as it's just her in the costume that doesn't fit to our ideals, but have not seen the movie if she portrays WW correctly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• the_collector_2
  • Away
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
2 years 10 months ago #118651 by the_collector_2
I have zero faith that WB will handle WW properly. Why? Because Marvel's got a freaking movie with a racoon in it, and DC is JUST NOW getting around to putting Wonder Woman on the screen as a CAMEO. The management at DC is clueless and quite frankly, WW is overrated anyway.

More
2 years 10 months ago #118653 by Holiday
To paraphrase Monty Python's Camelot: it's just a photo. :dry:

• the_collector_2
  • Away
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
2 years 10 months ago #118655 by the_collector_2
Has nothing to do with the photo. WB is a company that does not understand or want to understand its target audience. They've shat on their female writers and continue to sexualize and objectify characters. I'm quite certain WW's appearance in the movie is going to be tepid at best.

• Uzi4You
  • Away
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
2 years 10 months ago #118657 by Uzi4You

More
2 years 10 months ago #118661 by Ashlee

Holiday wrote: To paraphrase Monty Python's Camelot: it's just a photo. :dry:

It would Look better if she was holding a herring! :laugh: :evil: :whistle:

• AlexG
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Last Defender of Camelot
More
2 years 10 months ago #118664 by AlexG
Some more grist for the mill, thought I'd pass it along . . . ;) B)

Link: www.denofgeek.us/movies/batman-v-superma...ing-you-need-to-know

Now there's something you don't see everyday. ~ Deep Rising (1998)

I like a good story well told.
That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.
Mark Twain / Samuel L. Clemens (1907)

More
2 years 10 months ago #118665 by Snotling
Its a good visual... Clearly not a candid shot so there is way to much Photoshopping and effects to tell anything. But from the panel photos at Comic con, she doesn't looks as skinny as she used to be. Still nothing to "wonder" about if you ask me. Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow anyone? just saying...

So she's pretty much nothing but a costume at this point and Gadot will have to pull out some never seen before acting chops if they're going to make WW more than a cardboard place holder in the background. For some reason, I think that's all she will be: a cardboard cut-out in the background, one that can do its own stunts, sure... but clearly not the stuff of legend that will carry its own title movie. That seems to be DC/WB's stance on female leads so far anyway.

Gamora or Black widow will have their own solo movies before WW does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_collector_2

More
2 years 10 months ago #118668 by unkn0wnx

More
2 years 9 months ago #118669 by Holiday
I haven't read many fan responses because it's mostly superficial bull. We need to see a film clip of Gadot's performance.

But I'll play the game. The dark, smokey background of that image does not allow strong hues to be seen off of her costume. There shouldn't be enough light to see how vivid the colours could be. I do think Marvel's recent posters are superior. The recent Black Widow image has her fighting against Ultron robots. That tells us more about her part in the Avengers sequel. It shows she has an action part. The promotions for Guardians of the Galaxy have also been better. They tell us Gamorra is an alien, she's fighting in space, and she's deadly. WB just gave us a single image of Gadot standing somewhere/sometime looking at who-the-fuck-cares! The artist who used Cobie Smulders face for his WW costume design gave us the same quality artwork. WB should have delivered more.

Second, that Xena comparison was inevitable but look at the terrible way they've remade Superman's costume. How long before everybody realizes this is all fake and just enjoy superheroes as entertainment. No slipping $50 bills, please. I believe Rosmanund Pike's costume from "Wrath of Titans" would have been a better direction but this is what we got.

Third, the article that focuses her on DC's franchise is nonsense. They've already announced other superheroes will be appearing in this film. Cyborg, Aquaman, etc. They're throwing everything in AND the kitchen sink. I doubt the story can focus on WW's part when her name isn't in the title.

More
2 years 9 months ago #118670 by Harry Braff
The choice of Gal Gadot is a mystery to me.
And this picture really does not give her any more credit.
Diana is supposed to be the queen of the amazons, a female superwarrior, if I remember well...
And she is portrayed more as a skinny bimbo.

Uninteresting.

More
2 years 9 months ago #118672 by khuddle
Personally I think she looks fine as Wonder Woman. Too skinny? What would you prefer, Roseanne Barr playing the Champion of Themiscera? I have not seen any of the Fast and Furious series (Thank God), so Godot is a total mystery to me as an actress -- she could be terrible, who knows. But she is definetly not bad looking, and I think she looks pretty impressive in the WW costume. I'm willing to give her a chance.

Time to create page: 1.193 seconds