Advice on Strength Training and Nutrition for Building Muscle Mass as a Female

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    chiravlo
    Participant

Hello there,

I am new to the forum and excited to join this community. I have been getting into fitness for the past year; primarily focusing on cardio and general weight loss; but now I am shifting my focus to building muscle mass and strength. I have seen a lot of great stories and advice on here from strong women.

As a female; I have noticed there is a lot of conflicting information out there regarding strength training; particularly about how it applies to women. Some sources suggest lifting heavy; while others recommend high reps with lighter weights to avoid bulking up too much.

I personally want to build noticeable muscle and increase my strength; but I am unsure about the best training program to follow. Should I focus on heavy compound lifts; or is it better to mix in more isolation exercises?

Additionally; I have been reading a lot about the importance of nutrition when building muscle; but again; the advice varies. Should I be in a calorie surplus? How much protein should I aim for daily?

Also, I have gone through this post; https://amaz0ns.com/forums/topic/female-muscle-mlops-comics-from-amazonias-2/page/12/?amp=1 which definitely helped me out a lot.

Thankyou in advance for your help and assistance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.