Comic Strip female muscle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Delmo Walters Jr.
    Participant

I recently bought Mary Perkins:On Stage volume 1 by Leonard Starr. I came across the following sequence. This is from ’57/58…

AlexG
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting this rare instance of comic strip fem-strength, Delmo! B)

I recall reading in a Buck Rogers comic strips collection book another such example from the 1940s. As a consequence of one of Dr. Huer’s war-time experiments going awry Wilma Deering was accidentally bulked up in size and augmented in strength.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Anthony Durrant
    Participant

Would that be the one in which Wilma was rendered invisible and Dr. Huer made her fat by accident while trying to restore her to normal? If I recall correctly, she lost the weight by helping Black Barney combine their two vessels into one.

AlexG
    Keymaster

Glammazon wrote:

Would that be the one in which Wilma was rendered invisible and Dr. Huer made her fat by accident while trying to restore her to normal? If I recall correctly, she lost the weight by helping Black Barney combine their two vessels into one.

That sounds right. The storyline had a Rosie the Riveter element to it that Wilma could do the same amount of construction work as a man could. B)

I also recall an instance (40’s or 50’s storyline) where Dick Tracy got the crap beat out of him by a heavy-set strong woman criminal.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”

peirrotlunaire
    Participant

was it Mrs. Pruneface?

http://www.4thletter.net/gavok/homework/prunedrown.jpg

they reprinted a bunch of Dick Tracy in the 90’s and she was issue one.

AlexG
    Keymaster

No, it was the 1940 storyline w/ the criminals Jerome Trohs (a midget lawyer) and his largish girlfriend, Mamma.

BTW – Trohs is the backwards spelling for short.

Was reproduced in the 1970 book “Celebrated Cases of Dick Tracy 1931-51”

AlexG
    Keymaster

Another would be Barb Els, a circus strong-girl character that was featured in a 2009 Dick Tracy storyline.

And yes, she was featured with a femuscular physique. B)

Paul Schilling
    Participant

Where’s Mammy Yoakim when you need her 😀

AlexG
    Keymaster

Been posted before, but here’s one from the Luann strip – a She-Hulking out. B)

Link: Sunday’s (11/15) Luann Strip – Buff Luann

v walker
    Participant

I know this is very outdated but is there any possibility of finding these comic strips again?

oops…meant to post in this thread
    http://amaz0ns.com/forum/Fandom–Nerd-Stuff/88106-Sundays-(1115)-Luann-Strip—Buff-Luann#88106

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.