Do thin guys feel spindly around muscular girls?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant

AlexG
    Keymaster

Points of clarity: How so? ???

Are you speaking for yourself, asking us from our personal experience(s) or in general?  8)

Do you mean as in feeling intimated by them while working out in the gym?  😮

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

ratlaf
    Participant

Speaking from personal experience, no. 

I'm a runner so I'm always going to be skinny and that's just how my body is and I've no problem with that.  I'm totally comfortable in my body and don't feel spindly or intimidated or anything when I'm hanging out with my muscular friend/FBB.  The contrast between us is dramatic which always excites me, but she's my friend first and while I find her incredibly attractive she's not an object of lust or whatever…

demented20
    Participant

This topic has always been intersting to me. I know its super popular as a story topic, but I always wondered does it translate into real life. As for me I've never been intimidated by a muscluar woman in real life, but then again I don't really qualify as 'thin' under any circumstances 😉 I used to play football and powerlift in my younger days. I did date a couple of girls who were more than a couple inches taller than me, I'm about 5'11" and one of them was 6'1 and the other was about 6'3" with no shoes on. I only had one request, "Please don't wear high heels on prom night"

drum monkey
    Participant

It's always interesting at the gym when there's a particularly muscular girl.  More often than not, it's muscular woman.  As a matter of fact, women are easier to talk to about it than girls, with myself being rather young and obviously not trying to flirt.

The last really good time I encountered one of these ladies, I simply asked her if she was involved in any kind of figure competitions.  She wasn't (could have been, though) but was quite flattered with the question.  It led to a small, pretty easy-going conversation.  It might have been just me, but I even think she was a bit more comfortable with occasionally catching me checking her out.

And off of the tangent, yeah, a lot of times i feel kinda skinny (as in just less muscular, i'm not exactly skinny myself) around women like that.  It's a weird hot+intimidating feeling. 

Josh
    Participant

Points of clarity: How so? ???

Are you speaking for yourself, asking us from our personal experience(s) or in general?  8)

Do you mean as in feeling intimated by them while working out in the gym?  😮

What I'm really looking for is personal experiences.

fm07
    Participant

I don't imagine I would. Wouldn't know since my gym is devoid of fit (forget muscular) women…

demented20
    Participant

I was posting on another topic and this subject popped back into my mind. I have a younger cousin who's 18 and he is totally uncomfortable around a fit female or a girl with bigger muscles than he. He works out and is pretty lean, but he's not a big kid, he's about 5'7" 135 pounds or so. He doesn't even want to meet a woman with bigger muscles than he has. He thinks its gross.
    The reason I brought it up is because his younger sister(16 years old) has been a dancer all her life and she does actually have bigger muscles than he and they are pretty defined. This sounds like the begginning of a story, but its the God's honest truth. So since my cousin wouldn't come near this forum on a dare, I'll vote for him. There is at least 1 thin guy that I know who gets spindly around muscular girls.

myostatinus
    Participant

I'm 29yo 6'2 210lbs, I've been lifting since I was 15. I can chin myself from a dead hang with 100lbs hanging from my waist.

Even around muscular women they are usually much smaller than me, so the answer to your question would be no, I don't feel spindly around muscular women.

I ran into Hugo Girard at the gym once, he's one of the "world's strongest man" on ESPN competitors. Then I felt really spindly

L
    Participant

I'm 29yo 6'2 210lbs, I've been lifting since I was 15. I can chin myself from a dead hang with 100lbs hanging from my waist.

Even around muscular women they are usually much smaller than me, so the answer to your question would be no, I don't feel spindly around muscular women.

I ran into Hugo Girard at the gym once, he's one of the "world's strongest man" on ESPN competitors. Then I felt really spindly

my thoughts exactly, I don't feel spindly around fbb but when Victor Martinez and Edson Prado are walking around your gym it kinda does make you feel spindly 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.