First Time Posting – First Time Render

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Leonardo
    Participant

um. whoah!

Anonymous

That is a really good picture for a first-time render. If you hadn't said anything I would have thought you were a professional already. 😀

nam
    Participant

Impressive. Most impressive.

whitemott2004
    Participant

Thank you for the compliments and the suggestions.

I am by no means a graphics or computer person so bare with me regarding my lack of technical skills/knowledge.  I actually have just started with the whole 3d digital art thingy, though originally I decided to check it out for an entirely different purpose.

Then of course, I saw what Lingster and Tigersan were doing and thought I'd try my hand at that type of theme first.  I'll try to do more renders as time goes on.

mikazuki
    Participant

You say that you lack technical skill… but your work says otherwise! ^_^; Mind sharing how you tackled learning this 3D art? I remember when -I- tried to learn, I couldn't even render a circle.

Leonardo
    Participant

I'm trying to advance my knowledge in 3D rendering as well. Please! share your secrets with us!

whitemott2004
    Participant

A new experiment…

I was inspired by FemXman's artwork and decided to try my hand at some of his concepts in a digital sense.  It's interesting, but I'm not sure I'm 100% fond of it.  Nonetheless, I figured I'd post the experiment for those that like it.

Fonk
    Participant

Wow, that's a damn good picture! You do good work, sir!

Tigersan
    Participant

Good . 🙂 What i like about Victoria3 model, is face, what i dont like – the rest. The muscle morphs are a little retarded and dont resemble real muscle structure in a human. But u do good work 🙂 Keep it up. Try to play some with bump maps, and displacement maps…

whitemott2004
    Participant

That is one thing I'm finding is that the morphs are okay for doing minor tweaks to a character but its almost as if you have to custom design your models.  That I have yet to learn how to do.  Bump maps, etc., I still have to learn.

I think I'm starting to understand the concepts of the bump map ad displacement maps but the Poser manual is a tough read.  That and there aren't too many tutorials for this type of thing.  Unfortunately.  Practice makes perfect I suppose though.  😛

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.