Geena Davis in Cutthroat Island

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    randy guillotte
    Participant

Just saw this on Netflix the other night and was really surprised and astounded that I hadn’t seen it before (a ’95 flick). I couldn’t get over the fact that they had a female in a strong (literally as well as figuratively speaking) role. And a pirate flick at that! Some of you might remember it and though Geena is no muscular gal to speak of, she was shown performing feats of strength normally reserved for male lead roles. If you haven’t seen it, I’d recommend it. She’s kinda like what Keira Knightley could have been in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Matthew Lim
    Participant

I’m actually going to suggest to those who haven’t seen this film to turn around and run full sprint away from it. In my opinion it’s one of the worst movies of all time. Cutthroat Island was essentially what put the nail in the coffin for Caralco Pictures (the company that produced Terminator 2: Judgement Day and the first three Rambo films). And at the same time buried the career of Geena Davis who at the time was on a roll with her career. The only redeeming quality of this film is an awesome score by John Debney. It was pretty much the sour note that was left in the pirate genre for 8 years until Pirates of the Caribbean came along in 2003. And if you think I’m just spewing out troll-flavored baushat, look up Renny Harlin for yourselves, the guy just oozes poor film making.

luvemhuge5699
    Participant

if you want to see geena davis biceps then watch long kiss goodnight. when she is tied up and being dunked in water, her arms are in a constant flex and are quite impressive.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.