Lee Hyeon-Joo ( 이현주 )

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    elee0228
    Participant

Lee Hyeon-Joo ( 이현주 )

I normally write about artists and artwork that I come across, but I had to make an exception today. I came across this fantastic picture of a Korean bodybuilder over at a blog entry at Shinjuku no Kinniku. He had a link to 2 videos featuring this bodybuilder, contestant routines and a posedown video, both taken by Bodyfor.tv. The footage is from the 2009 Mr. & Ms. Korea contest that took place in June. I dug around a bit and found a nice blog post with some more information about the bodybuilder. Her Korean name is 이현주, which using Hong’s Hangul Conversion Tool transliterates using MCT to I Hyeon Ju (using the asian convention of last name coming first). I think her name would probably be translated as Lee Hyeon-Joo, and I find some other people with similar names using this spelling convention. She placed 2nd in the +55kg women’s category, but she’s first in my book. Some of the other competitors are also very cute, and it seems that bodybuilding in Korea is improving quite a bit.

I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t do thorough research into this incredible lady. One of the better sources for Bodybuilding in Korea is the Friend Silver Blog. Sure enough, he had many great pictures of this competition, and you can find the +55kg competitors in these two galleries: Gallery 1 Gallery 2. Just click on the button in the bottom right hand corner of the image to launch a slideshow where you can get the larger versions of the images. Here’s a few of my favorites of Lee Hyeon-Joo from there:

You can also find more pics of Lee Hyeon-Joo from other blog entries from nicenet’s blog, and there are some more of her in a contest report from tistory.com.

She’s come a long way since 2006, where I managed to find a video of her at an earlier competition:

The rest of this post can be found over at my DeviantArt Page in my journal: Lee Hyeon-Joo ( 이현주 )

unkn0wnx
    Participant

Elee:  You rock!
    P.S.  I think Chinese Lee probably share same bloodline.

Trash Boat
    Participant

Always nice to see and read about new faces. Thanks for thorough and good introduction.

cpbell0033944
    Participant

Very comprehensive post – thanks! 😉

elee0228
    Participant

Lee Hyeon-Joo recently took first place at the Mr YMCA contest in the +52kg women's division!  And as usual, Friend Silver has been kind enough to post some awesome photos in his blog.  Here are some of my favorite pictures from his site (see Blog Entry 1, Blog Entry 2, Slide show 1, Slide show 2, Slide show 3 ):

Trash Boat
    Participant

She has a stunning upper body and really nice face despite competition dryness. I wonder how she looks off-season.

Reason
    Participant

In the case of female bodybuilders, they are the artist and the artwork combined, so it's not an exception at all!

cpbell0033944
    Participant

I love the look of Asian FBBers! 8)

BlackKusanagi
    Participant

Shes quite beautiful.

unkn0wnx
    Participant
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.