Need some help with Brawna

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    happiest_in_shadows
    Participant

I recently began posting on Brawna.org recently having gotten rid of a somewhat stuck up streak I had. Namely a refusal to break up my stories into digestible bights.

The process was going smoothly and all but I’ve hit on a little snag. The book I was posting in has apparently ran out of pages. After having posted 8 pages the add child page button no longer appears on chapter 2 part 3 and as I have five chapters to get posted this is an issue.

Does anyone have an ideal of what’s going on here?

In case it will help here is a link to the section in which the child page button vanishes

http://brawna.org/stories/chains-she-chose/chains-she-chose-chapter-1-part-1/chains-she-chose-chapter-1-part-2/chains-3

demented20
    Participant

I am far from an expert on Brawna’s operation, but I think there can only be 9 pages on the book page/ child page set up. I don’t really know how you fix it unless you want to start a new book page for the rest of the story.

happiest_in_shadows
    Participant

Well darn I was worried about that. Now I’m not quite certain what to do.

I could just start a new book with it beginning at chapter 2 part 4 but that would look rather messy. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a way to delete part 1, 2 and 3 to form chapter two into its own book.

thanks for the info though.

Lingster
    Keymaster

What I think you were doing is making each new chapter a child page of the previous one. That’s not how it works, and eventually you ran out of of levels.

You were doing this:

Chapter 1
    -> Chapter 2
    –> Chapter 3
    —>Chapter 4

The idea is that you create a book outline, like this:

Book Title
    -> Chapter 1
    -> Chapter 2
    -> Chapter 3
    -> Chapter 4

I’ve reordered the book so that all of the chapters and parts are sequential child pages of the first part/chapter. That’s still not the “right” way, but I’m not going to try to restructure your story.

happiest_in_shadows
    Participant

Ah thanks for the information. Well then I’ll see if I can get it organized the right away in that case.

happiest_in_shadows
    Participant

Sorry to post again so soon but I have to ask. Is there a way that I could get the incorrectly posted pages deleted so I can get the book cleaned up?

Lingster
    Keymaster

OK, I bumped you up to “Trustee”, so you can delete content you’ve created.

happiest_in_shadows
    Participant

Wow. I was not expecting that. Thanks though I’ll get my work cleaned up and posted the right way as soon as I find the time.

Lingster
    Keymaster

Well, I created the ‘trustee’ role a few months ago but hardly put anyone in it. So I moved everybody who’d been a member for more than 18 months and active within the last month into that role.

So now we have a bunch. The big thing they can do is flag a story or comment in such a way that not only do I get an email (like when anyone flags one) but it’s also de-published and goes into the queue for review by me or another administrator.

Brawna could conceivably do 100,000 visits this month. It’s a busy site.

limit
    Participant

Lingster is they a way to sort all stories by upload date? That sort was seemingly the default previously.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.