News Article, steroid use

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    musclelover2002
    Participant
    Ashlee
    Participant

that is awful.

ant1937
    Participant

No surprise. They added people to the dea for HGH is very expensive and harder and harder to get your hands on from what I hear.

The gym owner who had the libel suit saying he never sold HGH or roids out of his Texas Gym in the Clemens case quietly dropped his libel suit vs some authors who said he was selling millions after sworn testimony emerged from none other than Andy Pettitte’s father saying he gave him thousands for HGH and it was face to face. He also said the gym owner told him exactly how to use it and was an expert.

The sad reality is very few of the girls we see are natural. Most of them look great if they play their cards correctly, but we’ve seen the downside. The enforcement issue is another reason why we see fewer women in fbbing now even as more and more get into lifting. It is an expensive sport, has no rewards at the contest level, and you don’t want to get arrested for roids or worse yet HGH or serostim.

GWHH
    Participant

Sept. 15, 2010 —

Three FBI agents and an FBI counterterrorism expert have been arrested and charged with obtaining thousands of dollars worth of steroids and human growth hormone using bogus medical diagnoses, and then lying about it on government health forms.

Prosecutors say that two of the agents, a female bodybuilder and her husband, may have spent $17,000 on HGH, while a third male agent was visiting a gynecologist in order to obtain steroids and HGH. Two different doctors were allegedly writing prescriptions for the four suspects using false diagnoses of dwarfism, and one of the doctors had allegedly written more than 5,000 prescriptions for steroids in the past five years.

Agents Katia Litton, Matthew Litton and James Drew Barnett and intelligence analyst Ali Sawan were charged with making false statements on US government documents. Barnet, 42, and Katia Litton, 42, worked for the FBI’s Washington field office, while Litton’s 39-year-old husband Michael worked at the FBI’s Critical Incident Response Group in Quantico, Virginia. Sawan, 45, is with the FBI’s Counterterrorism Division.

According to affidavits unsealed Wednesday, Barnett used a board-certified gynecologist with a specialty in Age Management Medicine as his doctor to obtain HGH and steroids, and spent more than $10,000 on medical tests and prescriptions.

The affidavits also allege that Katia Litton competed as a bodybuilder as recently as 2002, and received 26 separate prescriptions from one of the doctors for HGH. Bank documents allegedly show 60 purchases totaling more than $10,000 from 2006 to 2010, and $7,000 paid to the doctor between 2006 and 2009.

FBI agents and intelligence analysts must submit to thorough reviews of their medical history. Investigators claim that the four had “concealed and covered up” their use of anabolic steroids and HGH.

FBI Agents Will Appear In Court October 5
    The Littons, Barnett and Sawan were arrested in their offices Wednesday.

“FBI employees must be held to the highest standards of ethical conduct,” said FBI Deputy Director Tim Murphy in a statement. “When this information came to our attention, a through investigation was initiated which led to today’s charges. The investigation is continuing.”

CLICK HERE to follow the ABC News Investigative Team’s coverage on Twitter.

After an initial appearance in court Wednesday, the agents and analyst were released on their own personal recognizance. The four are due back in court on October 5 for a preliminary hearing. Lawyers for the defendants could not be reached for comment Wednesday evening.

cpbell0033944
    Participant

Oh dear, what a sad story… 🙁

BodybyBane
    Participant

“Has anyone ever stopped to ask the question “who the hell cares”? So what if some middle aged office workers are replenishing their hormones so they can put on extra muscle, drop some body fat and regain a more youthful appearance with the use of some prescription drugs. These folks are not professional athletes cheating in a sport. These are not drugs that fuel their users to rob banks or neglect their children or fuel any other sort of criminal activity etc. I want my tax dollars to be spent investigating real crimes.”I have to agree. I could care less. I sincerely doubt if these people are standing on street corners selling this stuff to school children. How many hundreds of thousands of dollars will be spent pursuing this case? Total waste of resources.

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

I agree with you @Jazztival but the millennial kids are towing Cross-Stitch Games line about working out au natural
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaj6eYbT3j4

Bane Dorrance
    Participant
    cpbell0033944
    Participant

I don’t understand what you think is misguided about having an honest discussion of PEDs for women and their side effects, such that the stereotyped “Aren’t Millennials awful?” argument needs to be employed.

AlexG
    Keymaster

I don’t understand what you think is misguided about having an honest discussion of PEDs for women and their side effects, such that the stereotyped “Aren’t Millennials awful?” argument needs to be employed.

Don’t think it’s so much the use of gear that’s the problem, it’s when they bald-face lie to the camera and say they’re 110% natural when its blatantly obvious that they’re cycling with PEDs to get the gains that they’d thus far achieved. That’s what really pisses people off, both actively involved in the world of physical culture, who know better, and outside it as long-term fans / observers to the scene.

Very few, are bold enough to be upfront about their usage
    – one that comes to mind is Natalia Trukhina, who was pretty blunt about the issue.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.