“The Green Hornet” trailer

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Ashlee
    Participant

I agree ,I know the black beauty was a rolling Arsenal , But that out of Get smart, not GH

Paul Schilling
    Participant

Ashlee, I’m going one better anything you see on the 60’s Black Beauty or the 60’s Batmobile had to work. William Dozier made sure of that. And as far as Get Smart, well get smarter James Bond probably had the first of the rolling arsenalsin the movies.

Paul Schilling
    Participant

Ashlee, I’m going one better anything you see on the 60’s Black Beauty or the 60’s Batmobile had to work. William Dozier made sure of that. And as far as Get Smart, well get smarter James Bond probably had the first of the rolling arsenalsin the movies.

Robert McNay
    Participant

Roadblock1 wrote:

On George Barris’ Batmobile, a lot of the gadgets were “close-up gadgets”. They worked only in close up shots because someone off camera had to fire a compressor or work a lever. Dean Jeffries’ Black Beauty they did all work the way they were supposed to, via switches by the driver. Even the flying scanner, while it didn’t launch or fly, did pop out of the trunk like you saw when the Hornet and Kato did a equipment check before “rolling”.

James Bond’s Aston Martin DB5. There’s a really great book about it called “The Most Famous Car In The World”. Lots of pictures and history. The last remaining one, of the two actually used in the movies, is going up for auction this fall (the other disappeared under rather mysterious circumstances and may be at the bottom of the Carribbean Sea). Its expect to get somewhere north of $25mil.

Ashlee
    Participant

JB’s DB5 25 million 🙂
    WWOOO Does come with connery!!!
    I want show him my twist on the ejector Seat!!! 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿

I know the Batmobile was a rush job and they had more time with the Black beauty

Robert McNay
    Participant

Ashlee wrote:

JB’s DB5 25 million 🙂
    WWOOO Does come with connery!!!
    I want show him my twist on the ejector Seat!!! 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿

I know the Batmobile was a rush job and they had more time with the Black beauty

I’m sure if you donate to his Scottish independance group, it could be arrainged. :laugh:

The Batmobile wasn’t even all that original. It was built off an old Lincoln showcar called the Futura. ( http://www.1966batmobile.com/background2.htm ) From the pictures, you can see its not all that “modified” from the showcar.

George Barris, the builder of the Batmobile, took credit, or tried to take credit, for a lot of custom cars. For the longest time, he was parading around a Black Beauty with twin sunroofs and a bunch of other stuff glopped on it, and claiming the Black Beauty was his creation. Until Dean Jeffries stepped up and proved he was hired by Greenway Productions and built all of the Beautys used in the show. Barris had just bought a promotional, non-shooting one and added his own modifications.

Barris’ design for the Black Beauty had actually been rejected by Greenway in favor of Jefferies. ( http://www.theblackbeauty.com/bb1/renderings.html ) Barris’ rather gaudy design is at the top with Jefferies proposal below. They definitely picked the better design.

Ashlee
    Participant

MY god He suppose to be a Underworld leader, Not a pimp!!
    The Low key and sleek Looking Limo, looks even cooler next to that Trick out gaudy Pimpmobile!

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.