The Patch (nudity)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Max
    Participant

Mamabliss has posted one of her older comics called The Patch. You can check it in her website.

http://goneallwild.com/index.html

Max

AbyssPlanet
    Participant

I like the artwork, but the speech bubbles are completely unreadable. And I know unreadable, because I have the worst handwriting of all time, but the handwriting in the comic is pretty damn close.

g-man
    Participant

Really? I didn't have any trouble reading them.

flashHEART.EXE
    Participant

{rant}  It's not "completely unreadable," more like.. pointlessly annoyingly readable.  That type of lettering works pretty well for grunts, screams and whatnots, but when the reader has to make an effort to understand the friggin TEXT of a declarative sentence, that is bad comic form there.

If the artist wants to use the hand lettered text, they should just make their own font.  Lots of artists have gone that way.{/rant }

AbyssPlanet
    Participant

{rant}  It's not "completely unreadable," more like.. pointlessly annoyingly readable.  That type of lettering works pretty well for grunts, screams and whatnots, but when the reader has to make an effort to understand the friggin TEXT of a declarative sentence, that is bad comic form there.

If the artist wants to use the hand lettered text, they should just make their own font.  Lots of artists have gone that way.{/rant }

Bingo. Having "erratic" text (for lack of a better descriptor) for emotional moments is one thing. Having it for ALL dialogue is quite another.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.