What music should there be during FMG?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Chuck
    Participant

Hey guys, here's one I haven't seen yet: what kind of music should be playing in background of a FMG scene?

I was thinking "Going Under" by Evanescence. Nice and angry while also having a bit of melody. Of course, it'd be even hotter if it played while Amy Lee started…

*passes out from imagining it

Goth… FMG… so… cool…

Amy Lee… getting spontaneously ripped…

*passes out again

TC2
    Participant

Hmm… I try to avoid popular music with lyrics during a transformation, only because those types of songs have lyrics that can mess up what's actually going on.

Music like in the Hulk where it's a constant string or has some kind of rhythmic beat, or is a song dealing mainly with a transformation I think would best be suited for a scene like that.

But in all honesty?  I would prefer it with the music very, very subtle in the background almost hard to hear, because it's more about the sound effects of clothes ripping and women moaning, rather than the music.

And for the love of god no narration during a growth sequence!

n_cluber
    Participant

I don't know how many people remember from back years ago, but don't use a flute when and if there is any destruction going on, you'll never live it down.

But seriously, thanks to copyright you should check out http://music.podshow.com/ there's heaps of stuff there.

Chuck
    Participant

Oh hell yeah, man! A symphony of ripping clothes, bulging muscles, and gutteral moans… although with Amy Lee, those moans might not be so gutteral  :D. Almost lyrical!

I agree on the no narration part. Let the growth speak for itself  ;D

Also, what's so bad about a flute? I could see it underscoring the vulnerability of a woman hulking out. Confusion, ecstasy, I think the flute could help retain the wispier bits of the woman in the beginning, but by the end it had better progressed to some hard crunching heavy metal already or some such.

Hunter S Creek
    Participant

Great topic, Titaneer!

Different types of sound effects, lyrical themes, and music enter into my head during FMG scenarios depending on the circumstances.  For example the lyrical effects would be different for a good girl that grows as opposed to a bad girl.  I also imagine different themes for planned or consensual growth vs surprise or nonconsensual growth. 

Having said that — The one consistent lyrical theme seems to be when a normally nice, little, wimpy female character starts to outgrow someone who has been mean to her: then I usually imagine something along the lines of the "Theme from Jaws".

Tschuss!
    Hunter

Lu
    Participant

Oh.. let's see… Rammstein? >P
    I LOVE them so much, and I always imagine one of my characters having such a massive growth spurt when listening to Mein Teil
    Industrial guitars are so awesome, heavy music just seems to totally warm up my mind to it.

Fett
    Participant

Du… Du hast… Du hast mich…

fasola
    Participant

du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt

Lu
    Participant

Yeah, that may be like the only song most people know.. but still. I don't think thats a very good FMG song :p

fasola
    Participant

Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen
    Der Meister
    Asche zu Asche
    Du Riechst So Gut
    Heirate mich
    Herzeleid
    Rammstein
    Sehnsucht
    Engel
    Bestrafe mich
    Du hast
    Bück dich
    Spiel mit mir

I supose I don't need to post the rest of their songs names.
    I do like them, a lot!

I would think Mann Gegen Mann would be awesome (with a lyrics adaptation, of course)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.