worm /malware when trying to log on amaz0ns

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Lingster
    Keymaster

OK, looks good.

FMG OG | Growth Comics | Amaz0ns founder

SteeleBlazer84
    Participant

Nope… I got a virus message when I came here… So its not gone.

Lingster
    Keymaster

OK, I rebuilt most of the site with fresh copies of files. I also scanned the site with three different scanning tools, plus the one provided by the host. Further, I moved the whole site over to https/secure, so it shouldn’t be able to pull in insecure code from other sources without throwing a warning.

It should be clean. Cross your fingers. If anybody gets malware messages after this I’ll have to replace all the plugins and modules, too.

TC2
    Participant

When I “X’d” out the notification to download or screen grab my private messages. I got a pop up for Ali Express show up on my firefox browser. To be fair I also had tabs to hotmail, gmail, twitter, youtube, facebook, and DA open. But the pop up only appeared when I closed out the notification on Amazons.

AlexG
    Keymaster

This one came up when I posted to the Aleesha Young thread,

Image2.jpg

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

TC2
    Participant

Got a windows defender pop up when clicking on recent topics (not the legitimate one). This time Amaz0ns was the only tab I had open.

Lingster
    Keymaster

OK, I’ve removed a bunch more obsolete code from the site. Hopefully that took out the malware. We’re running super-lean now.

If anybody still gets the malware popup, I may reinstall everything this weekend. My one concern is some of you may be cacheing old code.

TC2
    Participant

If it pops up again I’ll clear my web browser cache and give it another go.

AlexG
    Keymaster

Nope, the pop-up is still coming up, came up when I click onto the log-on.

And yes, I pre-cleaned out the temp folders of my browser before coming to the site.

[Safety > Delete Browsing History > All of the options ck’marked > Delete}

Attachments:

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

TC2
    Participant

Tried this myself. I am currently unable to replicate what Alex G is seeing. Logged out, logged back on, click on each of the individual web browser tabs, not getting the pop up (yet.)

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.