Attention lurkers!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    skinnyguy
    Participant

Looks like there was some effect!

Muscle Growth Nut
    Participant

Wow, how many posts does one need to make Site Superhero?

Lingster
    Keymaster

A lot.

bigGirl
    Participant

*sigh*

i guess i should start posting more often  😮

hell, i WILL start posting more often. i dont want to lose membership to this site O_O

its…its my ANIT-DRUG!  😀

sevenup
    Participant

Ok, guess I'm a convicted lurker.  So here's to the first day of the rest of my Amaz0ns membership. I'm a reformed user 😉

mikazuki
    Participant

Anonymity is integral to the internet, so requiring everyone to post, I'm not sure that I'd agree. But Lingster is god, so…

If the purpose is to get 500 more members to post, I like the idea of a Member Intro forum. Members who don't post might not mean that they don't care – maybe they're just afraid to. Meeting new people is scary, because many of us worry whether we'll be accepted. For Member Intro to work, I think it's also important for other members to welcome the new members – perhaps something like a welcoming committee.

Also, many people think their thoughts don't count. So they might be a fan of someone's work, but never post because… they don't think the authors/artists care. Do authors/artists care? If so, then perhaps members should be educated about it. Maybe mention it in the Rules/Guidelines/Announcements – somewhere  where everyone would read.

David C. Matthews
    Participant

If the purpose is to get 500 more members to post, I like the idea of a Member Intro forum. Members who don't post might not mean that they don't care – maybe they're just afraid to. Meeting new people is scary, because many of us worry whether we'll be accepted. For Member Intro to work, I think it's also important for other members to welcome the new members – perhaps something like a welcoming committee.

Hmm… that could be useful. Any thoughts on this, Lingster?

Also, many people think their thoughts don't count. So they might be a fan of someone's work, but never post because… they don't think the authors/artists care. Do authors/artists care? If so, then perhaps members should be educated about it. Maybe mention it in the Rules/Guidelines/Announcements – somewhere  where everyone would read.

I think I can speak for most if not all the writers and artists here when I say, "Yes! We care what people think!" That's part of why we post here, is to get reactions to our work. (But only unalloyed praise, you understand… none of that, what'd'ya call it, oh yeah, "criticism"  😀 just kidding, we value constructive criticism as well)

Lingster
    Keymaster

Any thoughts on this, Lingster?

I like the part about "But Lingster is god…"

I've been waiting until I have the registration process bulletproof before I go telling people to post intros.  I don't have that kind of confidence in it yet.

egad
    Participant

Yeah, I can come out of the shadows occasionally and post comments.  Thats not really asking too much. 

nimrod332002
    Participant

Hello togethert! I am a big fan of this Forum and I would like to post more. But my problem is, I came from Germany and my englisch is very bad.
    And it is simply hard to read all entries and writte a suitable answer.  And a simple super or something similar is mostly written by someone. And I think that must not stand there 10 times.

But in the future i try to write more.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.