CMS Update Tonight

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lingster
    Keymaster

There’s been a significant new software version release and I need to perform the upgrade. I’m planning to do that tonight, about 8 hours from now. In the past these updates have caused problems with Amaz0ns because it’s old as dinosaur turds, but I rebuilt the whole site last time and so hopefully we’ll be OK.

The software on which the site runs, Joomla 3, will be supported by developers through August 17, 2023. I’ll do a test migration to Joomla 4 before that date to see if I can make it work. If I can’t, then I may choose an entirely new platform and hold a fundraiser to pay for a data migration to the new platform, to carry over all the content and users, which could be as much as $1000 US, but probably less. 

Anyway, if Amaz0ns is down tonight or tomorrow, don’t panic. I’ll be working on it.

FMG OG | Growth Comics | Amaz0ns founder

AlexG
    Keymaster

Aww – frak and feldercarb, and here I was about to post an installment of my soap opera FMG succubus story.

I’m kidding . . . 

As for the update, just remember what’s printed on the cover of The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy: DON”T PANIC! 

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Lingster
    Keymaster

It’s all done. Let me know if you see any glitches.

FMG OG | Growth Comics | Amaz0ns founder

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.