Commercials w/ Femuscle

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Holiday
    Participant

So you're saying any exposure at this point is better than Jenny Jones?

jdm022
    Participant

Hey, you guys are not looking at this right.  For one, they don't make Jitka or Collette look masculine with ugly expressions, bad make-up or dubbed over male voices.  No-one bags on the girls, they just make a point of saying that a skinny dude going out with a FBB is a "Questionable hook-up".  I have to kind of agree with that since most FBB's do date male BB's.

We've all had "Questionable hook-ups" after a lot of drinks at 2:00 in the morning…so they could have just as easily played that up.

So in this case I believe it's "Middle of the Road" press.  We are all to eager to have them put a FBB in a really glowing ad or show.  We all know it's coming, just not as fast as we'd like.  Some recent study showed that almost 50% of gym members are female and my co-workers college daughter and her friends all go to the gym like it's status quo now days.  A far cry from when I was in college.

Cheer up guys, that ad really wasn't as bad as you might have first thought.
    Jim

Atariboy
    Participant

Just in case no one had seen it yet.

ataru320
    Participant

Having finally seen the ad, something tells me that they are continuing their bias against muscle women, thinking them all as superbuff Austrians. (not that there's anything wrong with superbuff Austrians) 

Whatever this "Order of the Serpentine" is, its not interesting me.

Jon Saul
    Participant

Jim, I have to go with my gut feeling on this one. Looking at it rationally, you have some good points. However, it is in the emotional area (where marketing tends to shine) that I see potential problems.

My main feeling is that any young men starting to feel attracted to athletic women will be shamed by this kind of thing. For myself, there was a time that I had to sneak views of fitness contests on TV and the like, changing the channel if my family walked by.
    Even now, when I mention my "odd" [by their lights] preferences to a close friend, the friend will shake their head and add it to my list of other crazy behaviors.

It's not a world-ending problem, it just strikes a little too close to home. Your Mileage May Vary.

jdm022
    Participant

Hey Jonno,

I too of course deal with family and friends who feel the same way.  I dated a very muscular girl for about a year and every one would always comment on how buff she was, like it was very odd.  Then of course they would ask her for diet and workout advise…go figure huh?  By the way, I had a poster of Cory Everson in my room as a teen and 5 to 1 my friends thought she was hot, so most people hide their true feelings on the subject I think.

Anyway, my main point was that the ads were'nt as bad as the initial raction on the board.  If you look at all the ads, they are…a hot chick who likes her guy to act like a baby, a hot chick who likes her guy to dress in women's clothes, and a hot(bodybuilder) chick who likes to tie up her guy.  Simple as that I think.  😀

Jon Saul
    Participant

Still have to agree to disagree. While I think the "hot" label applies to all of the ladies, I don't think that's what the ad is saying.

Lingster
    Keymaster

I got the Axe Snake Peel and I like it a lot.  I mean, I prefer body wash to soap, but since I wear my gonads on the outside I'm not really comfortable with loofahs and poofy sponges.  What's nice about Snake Peel is that – and I am not making this up – there's sand in it.  Mica, specifically, but it's sand.  So instead of a sponge or a washcloth or anything else, you just rub some on your hands and then scrub yourself clean.  It really works.

I'm sure that doesn't sound appealing, but if you've ever used sand to bathe in a creek, you might understand why it's a great solution for men.  It's completely primitive and completely simple and I like it a lot.  Frankly I'm surprised no one's tried to market this sort of thing before.

flashHEART.EXE
    Participant

Well there was always Lava Soap.  The man's man hand cleaner.  And that Gojo orange stuff.  However, it is great that there is a similar product out there now that wont take off layers of your epidermis (i once accidetnly used Lava soap on my face.  I thought I was going to have to get a skin graft afterwards.  It hurt just having the sun shine on it).

Lingster
    Keymaster

It hurt just having the sun shine on it).

Yeah, that wouldn't be good.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.