Deletion of most of my posts’ pics by ImageShack

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ze fly
    Participant

I got a notice from ImageShack at my page saying that I got 4264 images and that until i was upgrading to the Premium account all my older images would be deleted on march 1st. And this was officially confirmed lately by an e-mail:

“Dear User,
    We noticed that your ImageShack account has reached or close to reaching maximum number of images allowed for free accounts.
    We wanted to notify you in advance that free accounts now have a limit of 500 images. After you reach this limit, older images above 500 will expire within a month and will be subject to deletion.”

Understand me: after deleting some of my scans supposed to be violating the terms of use (NSFW, I guess :dry: ) even though You couldn’t see a nipple, now they ask me to pay for something that was free before. :huh:
    I guess I could afford to pay (even if times are geting more & more difficult), but I hate when my hand is forced. :angry:

So, be ready to see most of my pics disappear… If some of you who didn’t see them are interested to see some of them, Send me a message and I’ll try to find them on my hard drive and send them.

In the meantime, i’ll post the new ones via ImageVenue, hoping it will not start again at their site… :unsure:

TC2
    Participant

It wasn’t a spam e-mail by any chance?

ze fly
    Participant

:dry: I don’t think so, because, it was first at my ImageShack homepage, then in my E-mail box a few days after. I’ll just have to wait March 1st to see if they are bluffing or are serious, i guess… 🙁

AlexG
    Keymaster

Understand me: after deleting some of my scans supposed to be violating the terms of use (NSFW, I guess :dry: ) even though You couldn’t see a nipple, now they ask me to pay for something that was free before. :huh:

They also have a no-butts about policy concerning exposed tush shots, even had ones that I thought would be kosher (side pose, but obviously wearing a bikini) pulled by them.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Cowprobe
    Participant

ze fly,

I’m sorry to hear that man.

You’ve been an incredible resource of comic related female muscle cameos.

Thank you for the years of effort.

It’s a shame that Imageshack is changing their policy. :pinch:

FlakBait
    Keymaster

There are far too many free imagehosts on the internet to actually pay for one. I have never understood why anyone would have a premium account at any such host. Sucks they’re going to kill all your old uploads, you would think there would be something for members who have had an account for an extended period of time.

BlackKusanagi
    Participant

I got the same e-mail too. My suggestion would be, make another account, just use another e-mail.

Paul Schilling
    Participant

Why just not post them to deviantarts?

TC2
    Participant

If he posts it on DA he would be claiming that the artwork from the comics is his, it really wouldn’t go well with DA rules nor legality reasons.

ze fly
    Participant

:dry: I don’t think so, because, it was first at my ImageShack homepage, then in my E-mail box a few days after. I’ll just have to wait March 1st to see if they are bluffing or are serious, i guess… 🙁

Good news, pics are still here, there is the same message at my homepage, but postponing the date to Avril…
    Just wait & see then. But I think I won’t take the risk of posting anymore pics…

I got the same e-mail too. My suggestion would be, make another account, just use another e-mail.

Yup! That’s what I intend to do with the next scans ;), but I still will have to repost the others 🙁

If he posts it on DA he would be claiming that the artwork from the comics is his, it really wouldn’t go well with DA rules nor legality reasons.

Exactly! I’ve already begun posting there the auctions & commissions of the authors who allowed me to do so (except from Phipps & Mackie, i admit :whistle: ), but I wouldn’t take the risk to post comics pages… :dry: and anyway, that would do too much pages. 😛 And It takes me an incredible amount of time for uploading, but also answering comments and posting thanks for the faves… :pinch:
    By the way, speaking of faves, Luis XIII is the favorite author, with Mackie just behind and Phipps not far behind. B)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.