Feature Request

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Lingster
    Keymaster

OK, so this is the new site. I moved it from Kunena running on Joomla (which is what it had been for 17 years) to bbpress on WordPress.

Right now it’s pretty barebones, so let me know what you want to see.

FMG OG | Growth Comics | Amaz0ns founder

Anonymous
    Inactive

Test

AlexG
    Keymaster

Seems that I managed to traverse the maze of the password reset, so I’m back.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Lingster
    Keymaster

Now you just need to make yourself a pretty avatar and write a little sig file.

fasola
    Participant

Great! This is awesome. Thanks a lot Lingster for keeping this going, it’s probably one of the oldest boards that remain active.

phenoms
    Participant

It looks like you got everything back. Great job Lingster. I checked a few threads and while images and attachments appear to have been lost, all of the discussion is still there. For the sake of preservation, that’s a win in my book. — It appears there is no way to hit enter to get a “newline” which feels weird. Curiously, this only applies to new posts. Migrated posts retained much of their formatting. — I tried using bbcode tables to format my signature but it appears the bbcode here doesn’t include table support. I’m less concerned with the bbcode than I am with “newlines”. That would be my one feature request in this new version.

My Deviant Art Page (old stuff):
    phenoms.deviantart.com

My Booru Gallery (new stuff):
    phenoms.booru.org

Also
    www.thevalkyrie.com/picthumb/p/phenoms/index00.htm
    www.thevalkyrie.com/picthumb/p/phenom_fett/index00.htm

TC2
    Participant

Finally came up with some ideas for feature request.
    I really hate the inability to delete a post I’ve made or to be able to edit the post indefinitely. Sometimes I mess up on including the inline code or the HTML and my post comes out all messed up. I’d much rather have the ability to delete my post or edit my post until it looks right.
    I also really liked the member “ranks” we’ve all earned over the years and would love for that to come back. Any ability to link images from social media websites would also be beneficial.
    Also, I’ve noticed on other forums they will limit certain threads to 100 pages. I don’t know why that is but if it’s for resources maybe we can mark a thread so that it gets locked and archived?

Lingster
    Keymaster

Finally came up with some ideas for feature request.
    I really hate the inability to delete a post I’ve made or to be able to edit the post indefinitely. Sometimes I mess up on including the inline code or the HTML and my post comes out all messed up. I’d much rather have the ability to delete my post or edit my post until it looks right.

OK, I’ve changed settings so that posts can be edited for 15 minutes after posting. The software doesn’t support deleting posts.

I also really liked the member “ranks” we’ve all earned over the years and would love for that to come back. Any ability to link images from social media websites would also be beneficial.

I’ll be adding a profile plugin that supports more interesting identity presentation once I’ve got everything else working well and response time optimized.

TC2
    Participant

The software doesn’t support deleting posts.

And there it is. Son of a biscuit eating bulldog!

phenoms
    Participant

Newlines test<br/><br/>Trying it with html br tags since I noticed a href links were being used instead of strict bbcode links.

Annnnnnd… thats a no. Still restricted to copying and pasting the whitespace character AlexG found.

My Deviant Art Page (old stuff):
    phenoms.deviantart.com

My Booru Gallery (new stuff):
    phenoms.booru.org

Also
    www.thevalkyrie.com/picthumb/p/phenoms/index00.htm
    www.thevalkyrie.com/picthumb/p/phenom_fett/index00.htm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.