Hyper vascularity

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    The_Pimp_NeonBlack
    Participant

Ave.
    Just found a most interesting picture of the bodybuilder Amanda Dunbar.
    http://www.amg-lite.com/?view=http://www.musclewomen.net/Amanda/Pics/Amanda2708.jpg
    Please note the leave of vasculairty she has achieved.
    Peace
    The Pimp NeonBlack

fasola
    Participant

That's just too much for me.

I mean, I like vascular women, but those abs are just too much.

What whill be next, vascular faces?

But I like that lady no matter what.
    Thanks for the pic Pimp

windycitystrength
    Participant

Amanda Dunbar is OK but there are some way hotter pics here … http://www.sarahdunlapsworld.com/gallery.php
    Check out the very first pic and the NY Muscle Club shot.

ratlaf
    Participant

I agree, that is just way too much, isn't it really really unhealthy for women to have that little body fat, granted bodybuilders are already pushing the female limits of body fat health, but that looks to be an extreme?

Still a big fan of Amanda, but….

fbbfan
    Participant

I like Amanda too…but that kind of vascularity..

I have rarely seen it like that, that can not be healthy.

That vein goes straight across up her abs, pretty amazing.

She is a lovely lady regardless, real inspiring.

Matthew Lim
    Participant

I agree, that is just way too much, isn't it really really unhealthy for women to have that little body fat, granted bodybuilders are already pushing the female limits of body fat health, but that looks to be an extreme?

Although it is unhealthy to have a low body fat percentage, the body fat you're probably thinking of are the "bad fats" that aren't really necessary. The visceral fats are the fats that float in your abdomen and around the internal organs and isn't neccessarily bad if you were to have very low ammounts of that. The subcutaneous fats are the ones that you need. These fats are located just beneath the skin. This is the stuff bodybuilders usually burn off for a few months during competing seansons to get that "ripped" look. They'll put that fat back on during the off-season time, so it isn't unhealthy for them to be competing like that.

As for the vascularity, that's normal for people. It's just the tell tale sign that someone has been working out with weights. The veiny look is what happens when you strain your muscles to a high extent and it's asking for a lot of blood. When your muscles are working harder than your heart, they send the blood back faster than the heart can pump it out. Thus the resulting shift in blood flow causes the veins to swell. Slightly unattractive yes, unhealthy nope.

David
    Participant

Vascularity is also a result of genetics, some women are absolutlely freaky vascular when cut while others aren't.

Anonymous

Isn't hyper vascularity to bring floodflow to the heart and tissues ultimately unhealthy? Haven't there been bodybuilders with enlarged hearts that begin to fail long before their time? Something about enlargement of the heart ventricle? I thought I heard stories or some such. Maybe it was enlarged heart caused by steriod use?

Anyway, just pondering.

An excerpt from an article in 2004… (couldn't get the whole article)

Mike "Road Warrior Hawk" Hegstrand died from an enlarged heart caused by high blood pressure at 46.

Mike "Crash Holly" Lockwood died from what a medical examiner ruled a suicide at 32. A lethal combination of painkillers was found in his system.

Mike Lozanski died from what his family says was a lung infection at 35. His relatives are awaiting an autopsy report.

All died in the last five months. All were professional wrestlers with bulging muscles on sculpted bodies. The deaths received little notice beyond obituaries in small newspapers and on wrestling Web sites, typical of the fringe status of the $500 million industry.

Yet their deaths underscore the troubling fact that despite some attempts to clean up an industry sold on size, stamina and theatrics, wrestlers die young at a staggering rate. Since 1997, about 1,000 wrestlers 45 and younger have worked on pro wrestling circuits worldwide, wrestling officials estimate.

USA?TODAY's examination of medical documents, autopsies and police reports, along with interviews with family members and news accounts, shows that at least 65 wrestlers died in that time, 25 from heart attacks or other coronary problems — an extraordinarily

tourist
    Participant

very interesting guest2, thank you.

makes me wonder about the ethical questions of what i support,whether it is right to support it or not.

been in quite a dilemma lately because of that (ever since seeing "supersize she")

thinking…

tourist

The_Pimp_NeonBlack
    Participant

The said fact is that all bodybuilders and extreme weightlifters, no matter the sex or lifestyle, expose themselves to the risk of heart failure because of the stress the passtime puts on the vascular and circulatory system.
    The combination of dieting and water/liquid restrictions, stress upon muscle and blood flow as well as many other factors increase the heart's chances of failure. Taking a regiment of drugs and suppliments (whether legal or not) also increases the probabilites of death through heart failure.
    Many people are unaware of this or choose to ignore it but it is still a strong factor when training.
    I's have lost friends of both genders who were bodybuilders to heart failure and other such diseases. So the truth of this stings hard. Though many bodybuilders will not succumb to such said Fate, it is still a risk they all bare.
    Please dwell upon this.
    Peace
    The Pimp NeonBlack

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.