Lapsus Lingua

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Axel3.14
    Participant

"Transduction is an odd name for a gym,"  Tony thought.  Still, he entered the new facility with a sense of anticipation.  A female classmate of his referred him, as a rebate was offered on membership for inspiring another to join.  He looked around and marveled at the facilities.  The mechanical staples of any modern fitness center gleamed against the walls.  A tall but lithe woman coached an aerobics class in another room.  A drink bar offered various beverages at amazing prices. 

Still, what impressed the newcomer most was the service.  A heavily built woman wheeled a bucket around, wiping sweat from each machine as soon as one weightlifter dismounted and wringing the contents into a containter, then she would get a new towel for the next apparatus.

After a nondescript workout, he sat at the juice bar and waited for the attendent.  An ebuillient young woman leaned over and smiled at him.  "How do you like it?"  She winked.

"Nice…"  Tony said, hunching his shoulders briefly.  "But a little wierd?"

"What!"  The girl blurted. 

"All the workers are female, but there are only males here."

"Can you blame them?"  Then she eased back into her smile and thrust her decollatage forward.  Athough the motion of her immense body reminded him of a rockburst, she still could wield a charming demeanor.  She shifted the topic.  "So, what would you like?"

"I think I'll try this one."  he said, pointing at the menu. 

"You want a muscle drain shake?"

"Excuse me?"  Tony was not nearly lost in the attendant's countenance, but he noticed this oddity.

"I meant muscle gainshake."  She poured into fulsome laughter that shook her chest.

"No. I  lost my appetite."  Tony quickly left, hairs on the back of his neck agitated. 

The woman took a furtive look about and vanished into a supply closet.  An slightly older woman slapped her and hissed, "Fool!  He suspects us!"
    ——————————————————

This story was inspired by an event at my gym last week.  An attracive worker accidentally asked me if I wanted a "Muscule burner" shake and my imagination started running.

Cowprobe
    Participant

I like these little scenes Axel.

You string enough of these together and you might have a variety show of the enhanced kind.

The_Pimp_NeonBlack
    Participant

A most interesting and intriguing scenario, dear Axel.

I's do look forward to any future plays upon it.

Kudos unto you.

Peace
    The Pimp NeonBlack

Max
    Participant

LOL 😀 What a lovely mistake. It seems that there will be a few surprises for Tony in this special gym.

Great beginning Axel. I'm certainly looking foward for the next piece.

Max

P.S. As a side note, isn't this kind of events the ones that made us writers in the first place? 😉

Fonk
    Participant

Whoopsie… :-[ Still, looks like Tony got out while he still could. 😉

Axel3.14
    Participant

I might write a small follow up to this later.

Max
    Participant

Thanks. I will be looking forward for it.  😉

Max

Axel3.14
    Participant

"This deception is deplorable.  I want no part of it, Amber."  The first girl said.

"Don't be so melodramatic, Carly.  In the long run, we're actually helping those men."

"But we're stealing their musculature!"

"We're not harming anybody, we're just slowing their progress a little."  The manager folded her boudler clad arms peremptorily.  She then took a bucket of sweat and poured it onto a sheet of filter paper.  After waiting for the persiration to dry, the woman ate the filter paper with a foul expression on her face.

"You realize that's like cannibalism."

"Again with the melodrama!  The nanites can't work outside our bodies, can they."  Amber gave a paper to Carly, which she consumed reluctantly. 

"Okay… Hey Amber?"

"What?"

"Do you ever wonder about getting metal poisoning from these things?"

She shrugged nonchalantly, elevating her gargantuan trapezius muscles above her ears.  "They're biodegradable. No poisoning, no long term effects, most iportantly, no evidence."

Carly's eyes snapped open.  "Are we doing something illegal?"

"Technically no.  The technology is so new that legislature doesn't cover it yet, but lawmakers have historically been myopic when it comes to iatrotechnological pioneering."

"Doesn't this count as larceny?"

"What will they get us for- Grand theft muscle?  Besides, at fifteen dollars a month, our members are virtually robbing us.  If the price reflected all the cholesterol management, organ repair, Anyuerism negating, genetic restoration, lifespan extension, and blood pressure regulation our symbioid machines perform, fifty dollars a week would be paltry, even calculating the muscular surtax."

"Wouldn't it be faster if you drained females too?"  Carly's voice betrayed apprehension. 

"You would think, but that would run counter to the greater scheme."  Amber lumbered around the room, philosophizing.  "You see, most men cannot handle power.  Some learn responsibility eventually, but so many become nuisances, bullies, and dangerous to themselves.  In contrast, women are far less prone to the calamitous hubris that can accompany power.  Moreover, men gain muscle more quickly, which is cost effective for harvesting.  The male mind is more prone to fixation over weightlifting, and finally, if a male starts to become suspicious, we can easily distract him with our physiques." Amber winked.

"What about Tony? 

"I had installed a contingency in case one of my employees failed."  Carly winced as Amber placed a remote control to her forehead and pushed a button.

"What was that for?"  Carly heaved a sigh of relief, deflating her voluminous lungs.

"It's a psionic modulator.  I had a special receptor planted inside Tony's brain during his examination yesterday.  It works by interrupting the Mind/brain transduction, effectively indefinately suppressing memories without damaging the neurons."

Carly nearly fainted.  "You should notify the Nobel prize committee.  You'd be a billionaire!"

Amber shook her head with a roll of her eyes.  "Wrong!" She snapped.  "If a government, or a military power, or a corporation gains control of this technology, it could mean the end of free thought as we know it!"

"Then why don't you relinquish the technology."

"That's a stupid question.  Even if I keep this a secret, some clod will eventually find it and start trying to enslave everything he sees.  I can't allow that to happen, can I?" 

"You're mad…"

"I won't disagree.  To love means to strive for a better world.  To change the world requires power, but power is immiscible with love..  But to love humanity necessitates the use of power against it!  You brought up this point before."

"What!"  Carly did not have time for a coherent thought before Amber pointed the remote control at her.  She felt a brief flash of light, then momentary disorientation.

Carly regained her bearings, "It's wrong to decieve those men, Amber.  What's wrong with me…?" She staggered suddenly to one side.

Amber hefted her co worker up to chest level, and held her securly.  "Don't worry, it's all for the best.  You suffered acute dehydration again, Sweetie.  Don't worry about your aerobics class, just rest up and get some water.  The young blonde wrapped her arms around her thick, solid body and gave her a hug that would implode a man.  Under Carly's mass, Amber waddled to a back room, placed her on a hammock and gave her a glass of water. "Get back to work when you're ready."  She said gently and turned off the light.

The End.         

Max
    Participant

WOW. This gym has it all. Muscle flavor papers, Men in Black's Neurolizers and even super strong muscled women capable to conquer the planet if they want.

That was a great sequel Axel. My head is still spinning with the possibilities.

Max

Axel3.14
    Participant

I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I wanted to write about a super strong woman with all too human foibles. 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.