My old identity

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Durrant
    Participant

As some of you are no doubt aware by niw, I was Glammazon, a member of this site of long standting who had to open a new account here at Amazons after my original one was mysteriously blocked. I would like to know why my original account was blocked, because as far as I know,, I have not broken any rules here at this site.

Ashlee
    Participant

good question. i can surmised that it might have something to do with the site being updated. I was blocked many years ago when the site did an update.

FlakBait
    Keymaster

Your old ID was blocked because of a series of posts and threads you made that seemed very odd rambling and unrelated to anything in discussion on the forum. Alex attempted to contact you via PM multiple times to find out if something was wrong of if your account had been hacked and someone was using it as a backdoor to access the site and get around the SPAM filters andor to try and run malicious code through the site. After multiple attempts were made to contact you over two month’s time with no response from you it was decided to block your account and see if you contacted anyone to find out what happened so we could verify you were still in control of your account and we were not dealing with a compromised identity. I can unblock your old account if you wish.

TC2
    Participant

As some of you are no doubt aware by niw, I was Glammazon, a member of this site of long standting who had to open a new account here at Amazons after my original one was mysteriously blocked. I would like to know why my original account was blocked, because as far as I know,, I have not broken any rules here at this site.

Like Flakbait said. Your random rambling threads in the free-for-all forum were really weird, like you were talking to yourself and you weren’t posing questions in a way that would compel anyone to reply to you. Personally, I think you should start up your own blog rather than rambling about the most random things on this forum.

I know it says “free-for-all” but usually that means we’re talking about pop culture or maybe suggestions on weight training, or random funny videos on youtube, not the stuff you were posting.

Anthony Durrant
    Participant

I would like that very much, thank you, as I have no wish to start out as a beginning member again.

FlakBait
    Keymaster

Your account has been unblocked, you should have an email telling you to reset your password. Let me know if you have any issues getting back in to it.

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

[quote=”tnarrud” post=129090]As some of you are no doubt aware by niw, I was Glammazon, a member of this site of long standting who had to open a new account here at Amazons after my original one was mysteriously blocked. I would like to know why my original account was blocked, because as far as I know,, I have not broken any rules here at this site.

Like Flakbait said. Your random rambling threads in the free-for-all forum were really weird, like you were talking to yourself and you weren’t posing questions in a way that would compel anyone to reply to you. Personally, I think you should start up your own blog rather than rambling about the most random things on this forum.

I know it says “free-for-all” but usually that means we’re talking about pop culture or maybe suggestions on weight training, or random funny videos on youtube, not the stuff you were posting.[/quote]
    Then why did you block my previous account,..I broke NO rules either
    Plus i reset my password a couple of yrs back when the site was updated&still eventually was denied access
    Doesn’t hurt my feelings that you did it because just like WHO’S LINE IS IT,ANYWAY? the profile doesn’t really matter
    Lol..just fun to watch some of you stroke your egos though like the Ol’days of UnRealMuscle/Saradas forums

FlakBait
    Keymaster

Then why did you block my previous account,..I broke NO rules either
    Plus i reset my password a couple of yrs back when the site was updated&still eventually was denied access
    Doesn’t hurt my feelings that you did it because just like WHO’S LINE IS IT,ANYWAY? the profile doesn’t really matter
    Lol..just fun to watch some of you stroke your egos though like the Ol’days of UnRealMuscle/Saradas forums

I have no idea what previous account you used, nor do I know why it was blocked. Instead of making accusations of ego stroking like a random hacked off internet troll, why not simply ask in a somewhat civil manner? Perhaps it was blocked due to a forum update, a spam filter IP block setup, posting too many times at once triggering a SPAM auto-lock, maybe the post didn’t go through and you hit refresh and triggered the same thing could have been many things and that’s assuming I can even find an answer because it might have been someone other then myself or Alex. It’s amazing how problemsissues can get solved if you simply ask a question without snide comments.

edit: Ah yes jazztival. As you can see from the attached screenshot there is no record of that account in the forum userlist which means it was probably lost in a forum update or server migration.

and this thread is going to be locked since it has now gone off it’s original topic.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘My old identity’ is closed to new replies.