New drawing goals

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mike smith
    Participant

Long time since I drew anything, but set out sort of new drawing goal; quick sketches (30 minutes or so), minimal shading, minimal detail – all done without reference materials, So yes, things like hands are simplified for speed, hahahaha! Anyway, here is a little (very) light comedy around a fictional he-man modeling job…

Participant

Very cool, thanks for sharing your work.
    I’m also a fan of the He-Man (& She-Ra) universe. My avatar is a recent portrait I did of a heavyweight She-Ra..

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=98262324

mike smith
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words; it is nice to get drawing (anything…) again.
    I like your work – great proportions!

Participant

yeah, drawing is definitely a cyclical thing. Gotta take advantage of inspiration when it comes.
    I forgot to mention.. The face in your sketch kinda resembles Juliette Bergmann.. any chance she inspired the face (?) Juliette did kind of have a Prince Adam/He-man haircut back in the ‘8os.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=98262324

mike smith
    Participant

It is a great pastime/hobby!
    And now that you mention it, I can absolutely see the resemblence to Juliette B, hahaha. – but no, that is pure coincidence. She did have the haircut though! hahaha

AlexG
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting, 

Kinda remind me of the artwork that Nikko (way back in the day) use to post on the GTS/FMG forums.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Ashlee
    Participant

nice work!

mike smith
    Participant

Thanks for the note; I am not familiar with their work – but would love to compare – bet way to spot areas for improvement!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.