Re: ATTENTION! ACTUAL MUSCLE IN A GAME!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    The Muffin man
    Participant

Nintendo actually makes more money per system then Sony does.

And really, if Sony fails with the Playstation branch, the entire company is gonna take a huge hit.

Nintendo is more durable, and Sony is more advanced. Nintendo is less technologically advanced, but Sony is more delicate.

Strike 2. Sony is not more advanced. In fact, The PS2 is inferior to the Gamecube. Except for disc-space, which was Nintendos own route to make games nearly impossible to pirate, Nintendo has Sony beat.

Nintendo's are better games, while Sony's are more flashy and graphics-oriented.

Strike 3. Sony has the weakest console. Xbox has the most powerful VERY slightly. The Cube and the XBox are both about even in terms of graphical power, the XBox just has a bit more umph in the graphics.

See, THIS is why I get urked. When people don't have the facts and still argue like they're a pro.

And Silent – What IS your gaming taste? It's beginning to sound like you've never played a game before the Xbox or PS1. Sorry, but that's the type of person I hear talking about how NOTHING on the Cube tickles their fancy in even the slightest.

And the "afforadability" thing is a bit weak. The GC has always been cheaper than the PS2 if I recall.

Amazon Lover
    Participant

Impressive pic, Tara.  Is that a character you made yourself, or didja find it online?

Silent One
    Participant

And Silent – What IS your gaming taste? It's beginning to sound like you've never played a game before the Xbox or PS1. Sorry, but that's the type of person I hear talking about how NOTHING on the Cube tickles their fancy in even the slightest.

And the "afforadability" thing is a bit weak. The GC has always been cheaper than the PS2 if I recall.

Ok, this is the last time I'm giving you the favor of a reply because apparently you missed the point the last time.
    This conversation is about personal taste.  Personal taste and opinion are not easily swayed and nor should they be.  Rather they should be respected even if you don't personally agree.  This is the reason I never discuss religion or politics on message boards.  I guess I never realized gaming was as volatile a subject.

Affordability is not "weak".  You'll notice I didn't say I couldn't afford the GC vs the PS2.  I said I couldn't afford to own all gaming systems.  I own many consoles going back to the Atari 2600.  I'm also an avid computer gamer.  Over the years I've passed up owning consoles or computer platforms because I either A. had no interest in them.  or B. had some interest but not enough to invest the time or money in.  My time and my money are my own to spend on what I like.  Which brings me to my next point.

It doesn't matter what my gaming taste is.
    Whether I like FPS, RPG, Adventure games or even sports is not cogent to this conversation because comparing game types is like comparing apples and oranges.  I will not be drawn into an asinine "my games are better than your games" argument because once again, this is the realm of personal taste and opinion.  I like what I like and have no regrets to what I do and do not own.  I never once have once derided the quality of Nintendos products, in fact I own many.  I do not own a Gamecube nor do I plan to.  I can acknowledge the quality that is present but it doesn't mean I have to rush out and buy it.  If I used that logic I would own far more video games, movies, cars, houses, clothes etc based on the logic of "it's good so I must own it."  I made a choice on what system I would buy and it wasn't a Gamecube.  It was not an ill informed or hasty decision.

Which leads me back to a point I've already made.  I attempt to invest my money and my time wisely.  I've wasted a great deal of my time defending myself to you on a subject that I really shouldn't have to.  I will waste no more of my time in this manner so take these words and do what them what you will.

gblock01
    Participant

Okay, Muffin man, I get your point, but there is till a couple of things that you are missing. First off, Nintendo makes more money that Sony per system because Nintendo only produces game systems and merchandise. Sony, on the other hand, produces many other things. Ergo, Nintendo focuses more on the quality of what they make, which is likely why everything that they produce is somewhat unique. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Nintendo's merchandise costs more. And I also believe that Sony is more advanced technilogically. Even though the Gamecube perfoms better than the PS2, the PS2, if memory serves, was actually finished long before the Gamecube was. Nintendo had a little longer to develope their system, but still had to rush in order to compete with the PS2. The next point is that you misunderstood what I said. Nintendo's games are better, and Sony's games are more for show. There are some good games in there, but they are usually pretty superficial and simply have very realistic looking graphics. Beyond that, though, Sony's games are somewhat lacking. The final thing that I'm going to say on this topic is this: yes, Sony is going to take a big hit if their Playstation series of products, but it will hardly be crippling. Like I said, Sony produces other things, so they have other revenue to fall back on. Nintendo, like Sega, doesn't have that safety net. If the Revolution fails (and I really hope that it doesn't) then it is likely that Nintendo will go the way of Sega.

Now that I know what it is that irks you, I have another peice of advice: try to correct people from an unbiased point of view. More often than not, you are going to offend people if you get pissed at them for seemingly nothing. Another thing: do not correct everything that is wrong. Doing so makes you look like a "Know-it-all" and will piss people off further. You may not really care, but think about it from this perspective: say you are the moderator for a forum on this site. You are getting complaints daily that a certain individual (NOT YOU! This is all hypothetical.) is being especially obnoxious and disrupting the normaly calm atmosphere on these boards. These complaints are pushing for this individual to be banned. If you were the moderator, what would you do?

Tara_Cross
    Participant

Dude you sound like a nintendo fanatic. The biggest reason Nintendo isnt as popular as PS2 and XBOX is the reason that 90% of average people [non gamers] veiw the little purple box that you play super mario and zelda on a childs system. The gaming dudes a larger % of them have love for the cube because of smash brothers melee, a game thats not as good as the obsessed thik it is. Not to say its not fun as crap buy try playing it with those people that [PRACTICE] day in and day out. Kinda like marvel vs capcom 2. Pretty fun but there are better games. Not according to the fanatics that practice it. I'd venture to say [and please dont bite my head off if im wrong i wanna be friends :)] that you are a big fan of nintendo and the fact that people like the other two systems way more bugs you when you show them the stats on why the cubes better. Some dudes don't want to listen i know thats gotta be annoying.

The key reasons that i think the gamecube is good but not as good as the other two are

Sports titles

DVD support [it's the wave of the future and consumers note that it lacks that]

Online Play [again wave of the future hell dreamcast was online, gamecube had an online adapter but 1 online game thats weak]

Memory Cards [again i know your anti sports but your standard gamecube memory card cant handle a save from a sports game if you want to play sports on the cube why should you have to buy another bigger memory card? And it still works on blocks! like the old playstation memory cards]

There isn't a lot besides games you can buy for the cubes besides wavebird controlers PS2 and XBOX have thousands of controlers including wireless, movie themes, sports themes, turbo, micro, even controlers that double for rc cars.

Again muffinman you are veeery biased. You even say we when you refer to nintendo. The what they do have list ill just have to be honest about from a person that has and loves all three systems.

Mario Baseball, Nintendo hit its about time baseball was fun
    SSX Tricky, on other systems, mario not as strong a selling point as in nba street
    NBA Street, also on the other systems but getting mario luigi and peach was a stronger selling point
    Mario Strikers, Nintendo hit, it's also a sport not dominated by EA
    RE4, wasn't a great game but it's cult following brough in a lot of money BUT a lot of people passed it up but got it on ps2.
    Metroid Prime, when compared to games like metal gear and halo it paled in comparrison for most people
    Metroid Prime 2, see metriod prime
    Killer7 it got purchased, but ps2 has way better action games
    Fire Emblem, Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Baten Kaitos. Most people haven't heard of them. in comparison to other genres RPG's dont make or break any system. Especially if it's name isn't Final Fantasy. Weather you want to admit it or not Final Fantasy is to most the alpa and omega of RPG. I hate those games but everyone from your hardcore LARPers (weird) to the guy I played basketball with the other day in the park know what final fantasy is. You want an RPG that people will really take notice to bring back mario rpg. it would diversify the rpg crowd beyond anime fanatics.

Lastly who said Nintendo earns more money, it hasnt been like that since n64. Check the articals and press releases. I hope noone bites my head off i seem to be the only non biased video game player. I also know way too much about this topic. Oh holy crap I'm a nerd!! *hugs all her systems*

fungo09
    Participant

Well between me and my younger brother we have about every system… Im not to big on games.. but one thing is for sure  the original nintendo is probably the funnest most entertaining system ever and those games were hard…

blah8884
    Participant

There isn't a lot besides games you can buy for the cubes besides wavebird controlers PS2 and XBOX have thousands of controlers including wireless, movie themes, sports themes, turbo, micro, even controlers that double for rc cars.

Why in the world would you want to purchase third party peripherals? As shown through previous usage, the best equipment is first party. And Nintendo has rather durable equipment.

And Nintendo doesn't make mone?
    That's news to me:
    http://nintendoinsider.com/site/EEEFylpkElFffmiBlr.php
    http://nintendoinsider.com/site/EEEZuAypVuTuOJPzyb.php

gblock01
    Participant

Tara_Cross, you make it sound like being a nerd is a bad thing.  I would have every system, except that my financial situation doesn't allow for that. I even have a Dreamcoaster Dreamcast (it's broken).  Personally, I have never been that big of a fan of Sony, despite the RPG's that it has the rights to. I'm a Nintendo fan, but, at heart, I am beyond that. I am a "gamer". (You want to talk about being a nerd now? :wink:)

Tara_Cross
    Participant

Why in the world would you want to purchase third party peripherals? As shown through previous usage, the best equipment is first party. And Nintendo has rather durable equipment.

Well people do. Thats why theres so much of it. And durable? sure but no more than other controlers. In fact most people i know still use ps1 controlers and have had to purchase new gamecube controlers every so often. X Box is the only system i never heard anyone tell me a controler broke its usually nintendo wave birds. Plus noone ever said nintendo doesnt sell but they realize they aren't competition for ps2 and xbox in the eye of the average consumer. Thats a fact most well read individuals know as its been stated by nintendo reps over and over even about the revolution. But again i love all 3 systems but it seems like videogames and fanaticism go hand and hand. Certian people are acting as if they work for nintendo. If any of the big names go bankrupt calm down there will still be plenty of videogames. It's simply not that serious when you feel the need to jump in and defend nintendo sony ect you should stop breathe and then do some push ups.

The Muffin man
    Participant

Okay, Muffin man, I get your point, but there is till a couple of things that you are missing. First off, Nintendo makes more money that Sony per system because Nintendo only produces game systems and merchandise. Sony, on the other hand, produces many other things. Ergo, Nintendo focuses more on the quality of what they make, which is likely why everything that they produce is somewhat unique. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Nintendo's merchandise costs more. And I also believe that Sony is more advanced technilogically.

I've actually had this used quite an awful lot even before today.
    1.I was refering to the consoles alone.
    2.No, Sony is NOT technologically more powerful than Nintendo console-wise(anything else is a moot point).
    3.There is no noticeable difference between Sony and Nintendo products, except in the case of UMDs which are mini-CDs anyhow, so it's a bit more understandable that the UMDs hit $40-50 a pop.

Even though the Gamecube perfoms better than the PS2, the PS2, if memory serves, was actually finished long before the Gamecube was. Nintendo had a little longer to develope their system, but still had to rush in order to compete with the PS2. The next point is that you misunderstood what I said. Nintendo's games are better, and Sony's games are more for show. There are some good games in there, but they are usually pretty superficial and simply have very realistic looking graphics. Beyond that, though, Sony's games are somewhat lacking. The final thing that I'm going to say on this topic is this: yes, Sony is going to take a big hit if their Playstation series of products, but it will hardly be crippling. Like I said, Sony produces other things, so they have other revenue to fall back on. Nintendo, like Sega, doesn't have that safety net. If the Revolution fails (and I really hope that it doesn't) then it is likely that Nintendo will go the way of Sega.

No. Nintendo has been making at least 10% profit on all consoles for ages now. They only, VERY RECENTLY(in 100 years of business) slipped into the red zone. And no, Sony does not have a safety net, as the Playstation branch is currently the one that is putting Sony AS A WHOLE into danger.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.