Re: ATTENTION! ACTUAL MUSCLE IN A GAME!!

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    gblock01
    Participant

Have you even seen how much Sony's computers cost (that would be the computer, moniter, and all of the other "nececsary" accesories), Muffin Man? Or anything else they produce? I have family that works for Sony, and, trust me, they have a nasty safety net. Because of the way that Sony designs their products, you have a very limited choice of where you can go to get anything fixed. That means that Sony gets even more money. Sony will be hurt if the Playstation line fails, but, again, it won't kill them. They're like cockroaches. They have horrible business ethics, and they have products in just about every technological field.

To everyone else, I apologize for moving so off topic from this thread. The only thing that I can say is to enjoy the show.  😉

Differences aside, I think that both Muffin Man and I can agree that this game is a large step forward and that it is likely that we can expect more things of this caliber in the future.

One last thing, Muffin Man, I would like to continue this argument, but not here. I suggest that we send each other messages through the board or through regular email. Right now, we are likely causing tension that others can do without. What is the point of this board, if not to get away from our dreary existances and relate to other people who share our interests? This stress, while entertaining for some, ruins the sense of comraderie that this forum has established. So, to sum this up, lets take this argument outside.

flashHEART.EXE
    Participant

Well people do. Thats why theres so much of it. And durable? sure but no more than other controlers. In fact most people i know still use ps1 controlers and have had to purchase new gamecube controlers every so often.

???  Whaaaaaa?

Yeah.

Here is a story on the durabitlity of my GC.  In the house I used to live in, my GC sat on an entertainment center shelf about 4-5 feet off the ground.  In a heated game of Metroid:Prime I yanked so hard on the controller that it pulled the GC off the shelf.  I watched in horror as it did a 540 degree rotation before slamming into the unforgiving ground.

My game did not even skip.

The GC was completely unharmed.

Whereas my first PS2 puked out the disk tray one day when I hit the eject button.

Controllers are no different.  I have had to replace more PS2 controllers (but it probably had to do more with my roomate throwing those whenever NBA 03 decided to "cheat" on him.  Though he did fling my GC controllers pretty hard whenever he lost sudden death matches in SSB:M)

That is all I am going to say about this topic.  I get sick of reading the same arguments on EVERY FORUM ON EVERY MESSAGEBOARD ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET.  I think even the yahoo qulitin' grannies group has a thread devoted to this very subject.

Silent One
    Participant

I think even the yahoo qulitin' grannies group has a thread devoted to this very subject.

And man can those Grannies flame.  No punches pulled, no holds barred.  I'm lucky to be alive . . .  😉

Anonymous

Bing the avid gamer I am, I can't help but not to post in a 'console war' argument, and I apologize for carrying this on but I'll keep it brief.

1) Nintendo is the only company of the 3 making a profit off their console.
    2) Sony's products may be expensive, but that doesn't mean that they're making a good profit.  Usually, higher prices mean higher costs for the company.
    3) Nintendo's handheld is outselling Sony's by a ratio of about 2:1.  Who says graphics and/or more gadges make something sell.
    4) Playstation 2 sold more than the GCN and XBox.  Again, who says graphics sell.
    -Next Generation-
    5) Revolution will be online, be backwards compatable with the GCN games, controllers, and memory cards.  Supposedly Smash Bros. will be a launch title.
    6) X-Box 360 is having a lot of parallels to the Dreamcast, and will have a tough time competing.
    7) Not only is the Revolution backwards compatable with the GCN, but Nintendo is offering downloads for N64, SNES, and NES games to play on your Revo.
    8) The controller for Revolution may be 'iffy' but Nintendo has mentioned that there will be an attachment to have it as a regular controller (beyond that attachment of an analog stick)
    9) The Playstation 3 is having one MAJOR MAJOR set-back right now.  The people who announced PS3 said that it would be backwards compatable with PS1, PS2, DVDs, CDs, Blu-Ray, PS3 games, etc.  The problem that nobody knows is that Sony's tech-guys didn't say that the PS3 could do that, as they do not have a laser that can read all of the formats.  PS1 and PS2 games require a separate laser technology than your standard CDs and DVDs to read properly.
    10) All 3 new consoles have the same Graphics chip if I recall correctly.
    11) All 3 consoles will play DVDs
    12) PS3 is bigger in physical size than the original Xbox and has a quirky looking 'boomerang' of a controller.
    13) Revolution is the smalles of the 3, sizing at about 2-3 DVD cases stacked together
    14) Revolution can connect to the DS wirelessly to allow for DS demo downloads and using the DS as a Revolution controller much like the GBA could be used on the GCN.
    15) If I recall correctly either the PS3 or Xbox 360, or both will ONLY support HD TVs.
    16) Xbox 360 plays Hi-Definition DVDs.

Andy_Fraser82
    Participant

The PS3 AND xBOX 360 WILL NOT ONLY SUPPORT JUST HD TV IF SO EVERYONE WHO HAS WET THEMSELVES TO GET A [b]gLORRIFIED PC, [/b] [/size]SORRY XBOX 360, WOULD BE SCREWED IF THEY LIVED IN THE UK BECAUSE WERE JUST GETTING HD TV PLUS WHAT PARENT WANTS TO HERE THAT WILL BE £400 PLUS AN EXTRA £1000 TO GET A TV THAT WIILL PLAY THE THING. aCTUALLY ONLY nINTENDO AND SONY HAVE THE SAME CHIP BUT WITH DIFFERENT CONFIGUREASIONS.

SheMuscleLover
    Participant

Hmm… a half-dozen posts about femuscle in a game, and two-and-a-half PAGES of posts full of console fanboyism.

Anyone else detecting severe imbalance here?

Get back on topic, guys.  PLEASE.  I deal with enough fanboy game-wank elsewhere. I don't need it here.

Amazon Lover
    Participant

I must concur.  I apoligize for not having stopped this sooner (I'm just getting over an illness and haven't been online as often as I'd have liked).  Anyhoo, I must ask that if there is to be a console war, that you start a NEW THREAD.  This was originally meant to be about female muscle in that WWE game, and it should pretty much stick with that.  I do not wish to have to put a stop to this thread myself.

Tara_Cross
    Participant

I admit it got way off topic and i helped it some but i wont do that again, ill be posting more pictures soon. I haven't posted many because its kinda hard without a good camera. I think ill start a new thread just for the pictures so we can effectivly let the "gamer"esque bickering stop.

Lingster
    Keymaster

No.  When a topic veers off course you don't start a new one on the original topic, you split off the tangents into new threads.  I'll do that now.

Lingster
    Keymaster

Done

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.