Re: ATTENTION! ACTUAL MUSCLE IN A GAME!!

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    gblock01
    Participant

Sorry about how that turned out. I never intended to turn it inot a full-blown argument, but I kind of got caught up in the moment.  😳

The Muffin man
    Participant

Have you even seen how much Sony's computers cost (that would be the computer, moniter, and all of the other "nececsary" accesories), Muffin Man? Or anything else they produce? I have family that works for Sony, and, trust me, they have a nasty safety net. Because of the way that Sony designs their products, you have a very limited choice of where you can go to get anything fixed. That means that Sony gets even more money. Sony will be hurt if the Playstation line fails, but, again, it won't kill them. They're like cockroaches. They have horrible business ethics, and they have products in just about every technological field.

To everyone else, I apologize for moving so off topic from this thread. The only thing that I can say is to enjoy the show.  😉

Differences aside, I think that both Muffin Man and I can agree that this game is a large step forward and that it is likely that we can expect more things of this caliber in the future.

One last thing, Muffin Man, I would like to continue this argument, but not here. I suggest that we send each other messages through the board or through regular email. Right now, we are likely causing tension that others can do without. What is the point of this board, if not to get away from our dreary existances and relate to other people who share our interests? This stress, while entertaining for some, ruins the sense of comraderie that this forum has established. So, to sum this up, lets take this argument outside.

Now we can continue 😀
    also: I always get heated in console debates. I don't dislike gblock or Tara or anyone here(although I wish SOMEONE would stop hitting caps Lock :P), I'm just quite passionate about my gaming.

Also: Tara, do your friends play Super Smash Bros. Melee alot? That game is HELL On your analog sticks. It's a great game, none the less, but once you get more advanced, you're almost always abusing the stick. That's really the only way I could see them buying new controllers so often, unless they're TERRIBLE at taking care of it. Nintendo sells peripherals by the truckload, sure. But this is how Nintendo gets theirs sold over Mad Catz – They make theirs quality, while Mad Catz just has 300 billion different ways to sell you a shitty controller skin on a flimsy case.

gblock01
    Participant

I've never really understood why Mad Catz controllers are designed the way that they are. They look outlandish, can be uncomfortable and difficult to use, and they don't last long. Why do they keep doing that?

The Muffin man
    Participant

I've never really understood why Mad Catz controllers are designed the way that they are. They look outlandish, can be uncomfortable and difficult to use, and they don't last long. Why do they keep doing that?

Hoping that you're incredibly cheap/retarded and keep buying Mad Catz crap to restock the mad catz crap?

Tara_Cross
    Participant

People buy it *shrug* is it really prudent to discuss anything in a "who would do that" or "this must be the case that must be the case" All i said was that my trusty old grey dual shock hasnt given me any problems but ive gone through a few game cube controlers. The fact that what ive said has been answered with a "that just cant be" makes me look at my black gamecube controler with the malfunctioning analog stick and im looking at a mirage? I'm not like most of you guys the controlers usually stay in the glass case. I'm a girl we don't play games in such a relenless fashion. Yes im sure you can find 3 that do but most of us don't do the gamer thing. In fact the gamecube only gets played when someone has a midnight mario kart jones. I guess what i'm really trying to say is this has all become very pointless in my opinion. Not to say it's not worth discussing, but some people argue from a fanatical stand and when your bent on defending something weather its right or wrong (not saying anyones wrong) it starts to loose meaning. I've made an occasional post about videogaming and im met with the worst fanatical responses one person even said we when refering to one of the videogame companies. If you hate me for what i just said i'm sorry it's 3 am and this is what came out of me. My opinions are just mine so you can call me an idiot and i wont bother anyone again.

gblock01
    Participant

Two things: 1) You just described the problem with religious fanatics, and 2) things loose meaning if you don't argue for them. The idea is to walk the fine line in the middle. My controllers stay in good condition, not because I take especially good care of them, but because I control my movements with the controller. In Smash, for example, whenever I am not frantically trying to do something, I always use smooth movements, as opposed to the jerky joystick movements that most people use. In any other game, that is much easier to do. The buttons though, wear out no matter what you do. I have had four controllers over the course of the years that I have had my Gamecube. My first one wore out about two years ago. The other three are still in great condition, even though they are all older than the one that wore out. I guess that it is a matter of your personal style of playing.

Silent One
    Participant

On the subject of controllers . . .  Did anyone else have problems with the analog stick on the old N64 just snapping off during heated sessions of Mario Party?

gblock01
    Participant

No. Although I did have some issues with the analogue stick becoming all but useless during Smash 64 bouts. I think that Nintendo goofed on the 64 controllers because they made those way too thin. They also went for an odd design. They're still doing odd designs for controllers, but they're smarter about it now.

BlackKusanagi
    Participant

Well the next Gen war officially begins at midnight tonight… 🙁

gblock01
    Participant

Nah, you've got to give it a little time. Once people are familiar with the new systems, then the war begins. Nintendo is going to be a late entry, so it won't be a real war. It's more like comparing WWII and the a coup in a thrid-world country. You just don't have a war unless all of the big players (no pun intended) are involved. If you disagree, please don't tell me in a harsh way, I'm just making a horrible attempt at humor. Well, that and the fact that I'm just spouting words for no real reason.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.