Re: Quadra-Blu by Lyman Dally

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    AlexG
    Keymaster

. . . up to the mag's fitness/natural bodybuilding switch.

And today its anything but natural, and about the size of a [bleep] phone book.

(I never thought I see the day that anything would get thicker then FLEX.)

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Grandmaster
    Participant

WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME SO?!?!?!?!?! ;_________;

Well…what are some scans worth to you? (His fellow female muscle fans' best interests at heart, Grand' eyes Sir Fett's drawing hand wistfully…)

And today [it's] anything but natural, and about the size of a [bleep] phone book.

😀 I remember some training website, where a writer called all the magazines "comic books" (referring to the fantastical, 'roid-based training information therein). I guess now they'd be trade paperbacks…

Fett
    Participant

I'll uh…. draw… something?

Grandmaster
    Participant

Well, I was kinda just teasing you, but if you really want to, Fett…;D Few would be opposed to it…consider it a public bribe–uh, trade.

To the moderators/administrator: How many uploads of the kind in this thread can I get away with?

Amazon Lover
    Participant

To the moderators/administrator: How many uploads of the kind in this thread can I get away with?

Before I can answer that, I have two questions for you.  First, I saw two kinds of uploads; in the first post of the thread, I saw thumbnails that, when clicked upon, allowed you to check out a larger image.  However, your most recent upload featured an image that did not get any bigger when clicked upon.  When you say "uploads of the kind in this thread", which of the two uploads do you mean?  I've seen people post large sets of pages with the thumbnail variety in other threads.

Also, what do you mean by "getting away with"?  Do you mean in terms of the forum programming allowing it, or do you mean in terms of how many us moderators allow?  Although to tell you the truth, I don't think either's an issue.  All this time I've been a moderator, I've never heard this question brought up.

AlexG
    Keymaster

The way Lingster explained it a long while back (I believe its mentioned somewhere in the posting rules), he doesn't want copyrighted materals (i.e. scanned comic book or magazine pages) uploaded onto the Amaz0ns server.  However, any materals linked (i.e. URL or a thumbnail link) in a post that are coming from an outside source (i.e. Imageshack, eBay, etc) were concidered permissable.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Amazon Lover
    Participant

Thank you, Alex G.  For answering a question that even a  moderator wasn't totally clear on, you get a giant imaginary cookie!  *Hands over an imaginary  chocolate chip cookie the size of a manhole cover with an imaginary blue  bow on top.  Attached to the imaginary  ribbon is an imaginary card with a picture of Tetsuko and the words "Good Job!" written on it.*

I think I might be in a rather silly mood today…

AbyssPlanet
    Participant

The way Lingster explained it a long while back (I believe its mentioned somewhere in the posting rules), he doesn't want copyrighted materals (i.e. scanned comic book or magazine pages) uploaded onto the Amaz0ns server.  However, any materals linked (i.e. URL or a thumbnail link) in a post that are coming from an outside source (i.e. Imageshack, eBay, etc) were concidered permissable.

However, due to the age of the strips, and the (assumed) fact that new ones are not being/will not be drawn, what would be the harm in scanning those strips and posting them? Sure, someone could go to the lengths to try to buy backissues of the magazine, but I figure they'd have to resort to the secondary market, at which point the comic strip artist/magazine editors/authors/publishers aren't seeing a dime of it anyway.

Just my view on it, I guess.

Grandmaster
    Participant

When you say "uploads of the kind in this thread", which of the two uploads do you mean?

I'm sorry, I meant to be referring to the ones I posted, not AlexG's. (My early-version browser apparently doesn't get along with Imageshack, so that venue's not an option for me, BTW.)

…do you mean in terms of how many us moderators allow?

That's the one…

Well, I have read the posting rules (more than once, usually immediately before posting something) but here's the thing: my level of understanding (of anything :)) depends on what time of day it is. So bear with me.

Looking at your explanation, AlexG, I would say that the Quadra-Blu pages I posted are NOT acceptable, because they are relatively full-sized images, instead of thumbnails or links. Please advise.

…what would be the harm in scanning those strips and posting them?…the comic strip artist/magazine editors/authors/publishers aren't seeing a dime of it anyway.

Dally (and not Muscular Development) retains the trademark and copyright to the Max Rep: Mr. Astrotitan 2206 strips so (if he's got the original art or digital files) obviously he can reprint them to his heart's content (and the decimation of his savings account). I wouldn't be stealing new sales from MD certainly, but potential ones from Dally. Anything's possible.

Regardless of the (debatable, but let's not) financial issues, I would be infringing on his right to decide where the strip(s) appears.

Aw, I'll just send 'em to Fett directly and let his conscious bear the weight…::)

http://www.lymandally.com/

Fett
    Participant

Thank you, Alex G.  For answering a question that even a  moderator wasn't totally clear on, you get a giant imaginary cookie!  *Hands over an imaginary  chocolate chip cookie the size of a manhole cover with an imaginary blue  bow on top.  Attached to the imaginary  ribbon is an imaginary card with a picture of Tetsuko and the words "Good Job!" written on it.*

I think I might be in a rather silly mood today…

I like it. It makes you pretty.  :-*

Aw, I'll just send 'em to Fett directly and let his conscious bear the weight… ::)

I have no problems with this particular plan. I think it works amazingly well for many, many reasons.

Especially as Lyman Dally's site seems to not have any reference to his MD days…

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.