Re: Quadra-Blu by Lyman Dally

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    AlexG
    Keymaster

Thank you, Alex G.  For answering a question that even a  moderator wasn't totally clear on, you get a giant imaginary cookie!  *Hands over an imaginary  chocolate chip cookie the size of a manhole cover with an imaginary blue  bow on top.  Attached to the imaginary  ribbon is an imaginary card with a picture of Tetsuko and the words "Good Job!" written on it.*

I think I might be in a rather silly mood today…

Thank you . . . tho I'll probably get in trouble with Denise here, chocolate chip cookies don't last long at The High Castle . . .  😉

But in actuality, I am one of the assigned Monitors for this forum . . .  😉

However, due to the age of the strips, and the (assumed) fact that new ones are not being/will not be drawn, what would be the harm in scanning those strips and posting them? Sure, someone could go to the lengths to try to buy backissues of the magazine, but I figure they'd have to resort to the secondary market, at which point the comic strip artist/magazine editors/authors/publishers aren't seeing a dime of it anyway.

Just my view on it, I guess.

True and there is a certain degree of logic to what you say.  But even so, Lingster would prefer that they're not uploaded onto his server, if they're uploaded elsewhere and then linked here, then that was fine by him.

Looking at your explanation, AlexG, I would say that the Quadra-Blu pages I posted are NOT acceptable, because they are relatively full-sized images, instead of thumbnails or links. Please advise.

In retrospect, I probably should have also included a referance to the URL code for generating full sized pictures.

Far as I know there's not a problem with posting full size scanned images here, but only those uploaded onto a server outside of Amaz0ns if they're not your own, original work.  As for thumbnails, in my opinion, its just that they work better with multi-pic posting.  A case in point, look to some of the comic book page scans posted by Ze Fly – if nothing else it saves on time and gives any potiental view a better overview of the numbers involved.

I only used Imageshack as an example since its one most are familar with, and to be certain there are other picture services that are available – Imagevenue and Photobucket, are two that readly come to my mind.  One of the chief advantages of them is that they auto-provide the code for linking images onto forums.   Otherwise, its just a matter of cut and pasting the URL and using the Amaz0ns Insert Image button located within the posting options.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Tigersan
    Participant

HEY! where can i buy this comic?! I want it 😛

Grandmaster
    Participant

Why don't you write to Dally (via his website linked above) and ask him if he's got a copy or two laying around? The comics don't seem to be available through any other channel, and if anyone's bound to have one (he's willing to part with), it would be him…

cpbell0033944
    Participant

I have to admit that the comic-book stuff doesn't usually interest me that much, (and I wasn't even a comic fan as a child – I seem to remember thinking that they were immature, how stuck-up!) but I'm finding this Quadra Blue stuff very hot. 

Lingster
    Keymaster

Absent Lyman Dally's permission, nobody should be scanning and uploading his work to anyplace, and certainly not to Amaz0ns.

Fett
    Participant

But it's fair use!

In an piratey kind of way… yarr.  😛

Fett
    Participant

That's what I thought, but the non-squeaky wheel don't get no grease 'round here.

What does that even mean? Is it bunny related?

Just to let everyone know, I've contacted Lyman Dally through the internet and he's got the comics including a book or something on the inspiration/creation of Max Rep and Quadra Blu. I dunno how many he has, or the price yet, but if you want a copy, you could always e-mail him.

Fett
    Participant

From Lyman Dally himself,

I do also appreciate you (or whomever) deciding to revisit Max and Quadra.  Even in spite of MD's present direction of bad boy steroid attitude freakism, if  ENUFF folks were to email Musculardevelopment.com and ask to bring Max  Rep and Quadra-Blu back, then that might make a difference.  Me asking alone, which I did last year, didn't.  Maybe it could find a spot on their new website if it can't go in the magazine. But hoards of folks have to request it.

Grandmaster
    Participant

Proactivity's a wonderful thing! I'll put a letter to Muscular Development on my (ever-expanding) to-do list.

AlexG
    Keymaster

I did send a letter of complaint to MD at the time when they cancelled it yrs ago – guess I'll have to do it again in order to get them to bring it back again.   ;D

Tho, Lyman Dally (and the rest of us) might be better off (considering the devolved uber-roid format of MD these days) to pitch any return of his comic page to another muscle mag who might be more receptive to the concept, perhaps to Planet M (Muscle for the Common Joe), Musclemag or Ironman.

Or even in an on-line form, such as over at Testosterone Nation ( http://www.t-nation.com/ )

After all, Max Rep originally started out in FLEX before it moved over to MD – so it wouldn't be the first time that its happened.

Just a thought . . .  8)

Oh and here's a kitten for Fett . . .

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.