She-Hulk Vol 3 – Issues #8-#12 – "Stronger then ever" – [Topics Merged]

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Mr Burroughs
    Participant

Geez, I have no clue. I’m really behind on my Marvel lore – I’ve only been reading the X-Books, She-Hulk and Runaways for the last few years.

SPOILER

Where is Juggernaut’s gem at the moment? I know the Power Gem is back on the planet where She-Hulk defeated Champion … but would this space stranger have access to Juggernaut’s gem?

Anyway, does that gem make the user magically become huge, or is there a growth process?

Lingster
    Keymaster

I suspect it’s the Juggernaut’s gem, also. The "Ruby of Cyttorak" or "Gem of Cyttorak". I am not sure where it’s located now, but a Watcher would be able to find out.

The gem causes an almost instantaneous, massive increase in muscle mass and makes the receipient hugely strong – stronger than the Hulk. However, the "magic" available to the gem is fixed, so if more than one person touches it, the power is split between them. But since Titania is already incredibly strong, there’s no telling what effect it might have.

In one X-Men story, when Rogue drained the Juggernaut’s power, he did not regain his strength when it dissipated from Rogue. He had to touch the ruby again, and then threw it into outer space. I believe it fell to Earth at some point, but the storyline got a little silly at that point.

Mr Burroughs
    Participant

Okay – according to this site, the gem was used last in Uncanny X-Men #436, which was dated March 2004. It was the focal point in a crossover story involving … drumroll … She-Hulk!

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/cyttor.htm

That issue is apparently collected in the latest Uncanny trade (vol. 6), if anyone wants to see what happened with the gem.

If it’s worth anything, Mayhew’s cover for She-Hulk #12 (http://www.marvel.com/catalog/showcomic.htm?id=1648&format=comic) doesn’t portray Titania as very bulky. But she looks enormous – way taller than the 6’6” she’s supposed to be.

Anonymous

I feel that it should be pointed out that Mayhew’s latest covers, though fantastic as they are, do not portray Shulkie in her current bulky form either. So Titania indeed could be in for a major increase in buffness if the gem in her forehead is indeed a piece of the Gem of Cyttorak.

I say a piece since the gem itself is about the size of a fist while the power gem that Champion used is about the size that Skeeter has in her brow on the covers of issues 11 & 12.

Z

Zespara Alathar
    Participant

Hmm…. I’m wondering why my logon name was listed on the previous post. I had logged in earlier. 😕

Z

Mr Burroughs
    Participant

Oh … is the gem currently shattered and in pieces? Otherwise, that convinces me it’s the power gem after all. Maybe the guy talking to the Watcher is Champion.

Lingster
    Keymaster

**SPOILER**

The rumor is that Titania lays hands on TWO Infinity Gems – the Power Gem and one other.

Mr Burroughs
    Participant

* SPOILER *

Oh, dagnabbit. If I remember my Infinity Gauntlet, the power gem doesn’t do anything to the wearer’s size. Of course, if Titania had another gem – reality? – she could make herself grow anyway, just to threaten She-Hulk. She looks frigging enormous on that issue #12 cover, so I’m still hoping for that.

Mr Burroughs
    Participant

So, who’s got the new issue? I hope to pick mine up in 3 hours.

Discuss it when you get it!

Trent Harlow
    Participant

I got it about 2 hours ago and have read it like 6 times already. It was an awesome issue. I won’t spill the beans on anything, but everybody, GET THIS ISSUE!

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.