She-Hulk Vol 3 – Issues #8-#12 – "Stronger then ever" – [Topics Merged]

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Mr Burroughs
    Participant

Well, that was a hell of an issue. For starters, compared to She-Hulk, Titania now looks like a shrimp. The scene where Jen punches Titania to no effect is a stunner – Jen’s massive arm, blunted against Titania’s jaw, is bigger than either one of Titania’s legs.

The scenes of She-Hulk poking around wearing the power-sapping suit are awesome, too. She’s so large that the anodyne white suit is skin-tight – all her muscles are visible.

I wonder how this She-Hulk will be portrayed in the relaunched series? Since Slott has shown she has trouble judging her own strength, will she try to shed some of the muscle?

Zespara Alathar
    Participant

The latest issue is a must buy if only for the massive femuscle that is on display. 😀

The artwork is very nicely done showing Shulkie and Titania at their finest. The last panel alone would make a very nice poster.

It’s too bad that I’ll have to wait another four weeks for the next issue.

Z

Eric
    Participant

I got it about 2 hours ago and have read it like 6 times already. It was an awesome issue. I won’t spill the beans on anything, but everybody, GET THIS ISSUE!

I finally got smart & pre-ordered both She-Hulk #11 & #12 (I should get #11 in the mail soon).

My question is, should I get #10?

Any female muscle in it? (that’s why I bought #8 & #9)…

Thanks for your help.

Later,

Eric F., EnhanceMan

rick powers
    Participant

Honest to god, I swear my heart stopped beating for a couple of seconds and I found it rather hard to breathe.

Freak says he read it 6 times? Well, I haven’t gotten around to that yet, but there are a couple of pages that I just seem to keep flipping back to. Some of those images may be permanently burned into my memory. It is truly amazing when you finally get to see a fantasy published by a mainstream comic company.

I don’t know if anyone from Marvel reads this board or not, but I thank heaven everytime I see Paul Pelletier’s artwork that they allowed him to draw this particular part of She-Hulk’s story. Bobillo was okay, but I really don’t think he could have handled the details like Pelletier.

Eric – buy the whole series! Dan Slott’s writing has been great for the whole run.

Now if you don’t mind, I think I need a little more ‘alone’ time…

Later,

-Rick

Anonymous

This is the most fantastic comic I’ve ever bought (from the point of view of our little fetish) – beautiful muscley babes with strength feats aplenty. Buy it now!

On second thoughts, buy two copies! 😉

AlexG
    Keymaster

You can also voice your support for She-Hulk at:

http://members2.boardhost.com/SheHulk/

Dan Slott, the current writer of the comic can be found there hanging out and commenting to the various threads.

Paul Pelletier’s definitely captured her physique as it should have always been drawn – muscularly majestic blended within a gorgeous demeanor that will cause passersby heads to snap off in whiplash. I’ve only seen her come this close to looking so good during her two appearances in Thunderstrike more then a few years back. The Avengers "Search for the She-Hulk" was also good, but marred by how the artist over vascularized her big green bod when Jen went incredibly wild – but then he was doing the same with just about everyone else in the story, too.

**Buffed-up Jen Rules – will accept no subsistutes!**

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Lingster
    Keymaster

Heh. A couple weeks back Eddie Cunningham suspended me for a week from the She-Hulk board, apparently for suggesting that a guy who was obsessed with comic book minutiae probably didn’t have a girlfriend, and also for likening the penis of a normal guy inserted into She-Hulk’s vagina to a Twinkie in a pneumatic vice.

And you know, it’s his board, but he was so pompous about it that I told him to go fuck himself – although I probably didn’t phrase it as pleasantly as that.

I manage to keep order on a similarly active message board and a more widely-read blog without throwing temper tantrums when someone writes something I don’t like. If someone posts something that’s really off-topic or offensive, I delete the post. If they do it a second time, I send them a note asking them to try to tamp it down. I’ve been doing this three years next Wednesday, and I’ve only ever had to ban one person – and that guy’s sole and admitted purpose was to insult men who like muscular women.

I took down the link to Eddie’s board on Transvigor – why should I send him dozens or hundreds of hits a day? I doubt he was even aware of the link, or he probably would have been more polite. When a blogger or site owner sends me hundreds of visitors, I make it a point to thank him and blogroll him, not send him a smart-assed, arrogant email when he writes something I don’t like. Eddie’s suspension from my Web properties is permanent, and of course I won’t be posting at his board again.

I appreciate what Eddie does as an archivist of Burgos’ stuff, but as a board admin, he’s a zero.

But feel free to post links to messages at the She-Hulk Board – I try to guide discussion, not control it.

Jody
    Participant

Woo hoo! Battle royale! Eddie vs. Lingster! Fanboy vs. FMGboy! DeeCee vs. New Yawk!

🙄 K, enough of that. On to the main event.

I had a sense, as I flipped through SH #11, that I was looking at a watershed event. Was this, truly, pound for pound, the biggest-drawn females ever to go toe to toe in a mainstream book?

And then I concluded I don’t give a tinker’s doggone about that. What mattered is that Pelletier let ’em all hang out, and his editor let it happen. Stunning stuff. The last page alone darn near worth the cover price.

I fear that the storyline leans toward SH remaining in her slightly-more-buff-than-before Jen guise for #12, as Slott continues to drive home his "Shulkie gets in touch with her pinker side" theme. But for one issue, this was distaff sinew at its finest.

Vollar-Tile
    Participant

It looks like Shulkie’s becoming a top tier character with people like the Hulk and Thor. Woo! I never looked at her seriously before now. And from what I understand, her powerup/current strength level is her new standard, atleast under this writer, (which I think she needed) though I’m sure her physique will vary under different artists.

Man, this kicks ass.

Cowprobe
    Participant

Titania is a queen bitch with a mission. I haven’t read #10 yet so I’m not totally in tune with her background but man does she HATE She-Hulk.

Now I’m wondering if she has it in her to track down and kill Shulk’s alter ego. The obvious answer is ‘No duh its a comic book property they don’t -ordinarily- do THAT’. However might Titania now be so hardcore and power mad that she at least attempts to? Skeeter might actually find herself on the hit list of the government superbeing control agencies in the Marvel U.

This issue really does have everything. It’s a nice wrap on the arc so far AND it has action off the walls. Nearly every minor character gets a moment.

And, yeah She hulk is Ginourmous… and looks really nice too. Ever since I read the old Byrne run of her I’ve had it in my head that’s she’s pretty leggy. The artist keeps those poportions but dddaaammmnn adds some deisel to the usual lawyer-gamma irradiated blood mix.

Yeah I have to agree She Hulk #11 will proubably be the thread that breaks the undiscovered FMG fan’s subconscious boundries and has them googling furiously in search of said media 😈 . The one issue that a good 300 folks in the US might flip through at their comic shop, buy then bring home to re-read as new nuerons start firing in regard to their sexual script.

So in my humble opinion this is a Marvel milestone for buff powerhouse femmes trashing the landscape and looking as if they actually could physique-wise while doing so.

As far as growth sequences are concearned though the insta-change, while is a great page saver since there was so much story to tell, in this issue leaves me a little flat. Then again sometimes it’s the destination and NOT the journey that counts 😉

Great Thread DaveW! Spoiler Free and it got the boulders rolling for the She Hulk posting avalanche.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.