The All Things Arnold [I ain’t gonna spell his surname no-more) Thread

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I understand Arnold’s point about the dangers of extreme bodybuilding.. and his opinion obviously carries a lot of weight, and is duly noted.
    But that said, a lot of pro sports are dangerous. Look at all the former NFL & NHL players with lingering health problems and cognitive issues, same for retired boxers. Disfiguring and deadly crashes in pro motorsports, NASCAR, etc. Highest level, competitive sports can be very dangerous, and that’s part of why they are so lucrative and enticing. 

Arnold is concerned for the health and well-being of juiced-up bodybuilders.. but I think this is sort of a situation where these athletes aren’t looking to be saved. Improving sports safety measures (and education) has been beneficial (& has become a way for professional leagues to insulate themselves from future litigation), but ultimately no one is coercing competitive athletes to engage in risky behaviors, this is what they want to do.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=98262324

unkn0wnx
    Participant

Aye.  A friend of my was in some kind of full contact Karate.  He tried to recruit me, I backed out last second.  They probably won’t really hurt you, but there are all kinds of injuries that can happen.  He has been kicked in the crotch so many times; I was thinking he might never have kids. The guy died sometimes back (not from injuries), so I wouldn’t know how that would affected him later on.  

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

unkn0wnx posted
    Really liked Heather Armbrust in this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTzKVsrcMCE

AlexG
    Keymaster

bump

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Bane Dorrance
    Participant
    Bane Dorrance
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.