Well, can’t believe this. I think I’m done with Amaz0ns

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    TC2
    Participant

After almost more than 20 years, from the wreck-shop forums to Lingster’s forums, I think my time here at Amaz0ns has come to a close. I’m not going to lie, the change to the new database/ui/etc. killed it for me. Broken links, slow load times, and only the same handful of posters linking content. I used to come here for new artwork, muscle women news (especially who is this muscle girl), and the community.
    All of that seems gone.
    Lingster even said the costs of running Amaz0ns was becoming too high and when it came time to poll what to do next, I voted to close the forum down. It didn’t, but this current iteration feels neglected.

For me, this style of forum feels antiquated and no longer compatible with the modern world. I’m finding more content on Reddit and Instagram than I am on here. This used to be a place where everyone interacted with one another, artists posted artwork, and a community kept everyone in the loop about what was going on. Literally NO ONE posted about the show Physical 100 which featured Chun Ri Kim and An-da Jeong fbbs. Like, wtf. Could I have posted it myself? Yes, but the point is it feels like NO ONE is participating anymore. It’s just posts from SWC, Bane, and Steelblazer. Plus two others and that’s about it.

This is no good.

I check this forum daily, every time I come home from work and have some free time to go on the computer. It’s nothing but the same crap over and over with literally no interaction from other community members.

It’s a shame what this place has become. When Lingster said the costs were too much he should have just pulled the plug. Amaz0ns had run its course and it seemed like it would have been a noble end. But to continue on like this, an empty husk of what was once a great community is just sad.

I’ll check in for the next couple of weeks in case anyone responds. But once that time’s up I’ll be deleting the bookmark and moving on for good.

Since this is the last post I might as well say a few parting words:
    I applaud Lingster for having kept this place running for so long. Although I don’t agree with keeping it running, more than 20 years is an amazing run.
    Thank you to Flakbait and AlexG for stepping up to moderate this place when things were getting heated. Also thank you to St. Mercy who backed me up when things were getting dicey.
    Thank you to Elee for constantly trying to post new content to all social medias. I am definitely a member of your subreddit.
    BlackKusanagi, Fungo, David C Matthews, Iczerman, Mikazuki, Agent Highmax, Smitty, VincentX, Cowprobe, Debido, Gribble, KissTheManiac. I know you all don’t check this forum anymore. But in the off chance that you do thanks for being cool people. And for some of you who I’ve had arguments and disagreements with, it’s all good. That’s in the past now. We were young and stupid, so sometimes the children will fight in the sandbox.

Also, RIP to the members we lost either due to accident or covid. I know there’s been a couple of you, I hope you are resting peacefully.

Just in case this post errors out due to this godawful database, I’ve copied and pasted to repost later.

Peace.

AlexG
    Keymaster

I’d have to agree, since the last move this place withered up and blown away like a tumbleweed. Same thing happened w/ the RX Muscle forums, once a nexus of activity and participation, now it’s like a ghost town.

I suppose it’s in the nature of the forums, which replaced the news groups, and now in turn have been replaced by other on-line outlets as the places to go. The inability to use the Search feature here, which is still broken, was the coup de grâce for me – no way to find previously posted topics/threads and update them w/ new materials or info. And practically speaking, makes Amaz0ns useless as a legacy archive.

Thank you TC_2 for the praise. Was pleasure, sometimes a trial, to be an admin here. Lingster offered me the position out of the blue, never hesitated to take up the mantle.

I’ve been around for a very long time, going back to the news groups – alt.amazon-women admirers and alt.binaries fitness centerfolds, later participated on ZZZ’s GTS Grows and Everything Grows forums.

I’ll still check in here, occasionally, but I don’t hold out any hope that Lingster is going to fix this place – I believe that either he doesn’t have the time, the interest, or the resources to properly maintain it.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

whatever ,TC…

At moment we’re asked to vote on whether to move here or stay on joomla

I said that we needed to do a gofundme or PayPal ala` Wikipedia to help pay for monetary costs of joomla

Nobody wanted to back that idea for whatever reason

Regarding traffic & use,…i was able to get back former members and a new person here and there

That was all wasted by moving the site

seems a perfect moment for me to say,”Don’t know what you have till it’s gone”

just like I told unknownX

cpbell0033944
    Participant

After almost more than 20 years, from the wreck-shop forums to Lingster’s forums, I think my time here at Amaz0ns has come to a close. I’m not going to lie, the change to the new database/ui/etc. killed it for me. Broken links, slow load times, and only the same handful of posters linking content. I used to come here for new artwork, muscle women news (especially who is this muscle girl), and the community.
    All of that seems gone.
    Lingster even said the costs of running Amaz0ns was becoming too high and when it came time to poll what to do next, I voted to close the forum down. It didn’t, but this current iteration feels neglected.

For me, this style of forum feels antiquated and no longer compatible with the modern world. I’m finding more content on Reddit and Instagram than I am on here. This used to be a place where everyone interacted with one another, artists posted artwork, and a community kept everyone in the loop about what was going on. Literally NO ONE posted about the show Physical 100 which featured Chun Ri Kim and An-da Jeong fbbs. Like, wtf. Could I have posted it myself? Yes, but the point is it feels like NO ONE is participating anymore. It’s just posts from SWC, Bane, and Steelblazer. Plus two others and that’s about it.

This is no good.

I check this forum daily, every time I come home from work and have some free time to go on the computer. It’s nothing but the same crap over and over with literally no interaction from other community members.

It’s a shame what this place has become. When Lingster said the costs were too much he should have just pulled the plug. Amaz0ns had run its course and it seemed like it would have been a noble end. But to continue on like this, an empty husk of what was once a great community is just sad.

I’ll check in for the next couple of weeks in case anyone responds. But once that time’s up I’ll be deleting the bookmark and moving on for good.

Since this is the last post I might as well say a few parting words:
    I applaud Lingster for having kept this place running for so long. Although I don’t agree with keeping it running, more than 20 years is an amazing run.
    Thank you to Flakbait and AlexG for stepping up to moderate this place when things were getting heated. Also thank you to St. Mercy who backed me up when things were getting dicey.
    Thank you to Elee for constantly trying to post new content to all social medias. I am definitely a member of your subreddit.
    BlackKusanagi, Fungo, David C Matthews, Iczerman, Mikazuki, Agent Highmax, Smitty, VincentX, Cowprobe, Debido, Gribble, KissTheManiac. I know you all don’t check this forum anymore. But in the off chance that you do thanks for being cool people. And for some of you who I’ve had arguments and disagreements with, it’s all good. That’s in the past now. We were young and stupid, so sometimes the children will fight in the sandbox.

Also, RIP to the members we lost either due to accident or covid. I know there’s been a couple of you, I hope you are resting peacefully.

Just in case this post errors out due to this godawful database, I’ve copied and pasted to repost later.

Peace.

I’ve come back here recently and thought the same thing.

cpbell0033944
    Participant

I’d have to agree, since the last move this place withered up and blown away like a tumbleweed. Same thing happened w/ the RX Muscle forums, once a nexus of activity and participation, now it’s like a ghost town.

I suppose it’s in the nature of the forums, which replaced the news groups, and now in turn have been replaced by other on-line outlets as the places to go. The inability to use the Search feature here, which is still broken, was the coup de grâce for me – no way to find previously posted topics/threads and update them w/ new materials or info. And practically speaking, makes Amaz0ns useless as a legacy archive.

Thank you TC_2 for the praise. Was pleasure, sometimes a trial, to be an admin here. Lingster offered me the position out of the blue, never hesitated to take up the mantle.

I’ve been around for a very long time, going back to the news groups – alt.amazon-women admirers and alt.binaries fitness centerfolds, later participated on ZZZ’s GTS Grows and Everything Grows forums.

I’ll still check in here, occasionally, but I don’t hold out any hope that Lingster is going to fix this place – I believe that either he doesn’t have the time, the interest, or the resources to properly maintain it.

Thanks Alex for your tireless work back when.

unkn0wnx
    Participant

Who me?

AlexG
    Keymaster

CPBell, it’s been a while. If you have an account @ DeviantArt, you can find me there as AlexG-98.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

cpbell0033944
    Participant

CPBell, it’s been a while. If you have an account @ DeviantArt, you can find me there as AlexG-98.

I’ll check! Just a thought – an old Yahoo group I was a member of switched to groups.io.

gwhh19
    Participant

All good things come to an end.

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

All good things come to an end.

“Legends never die” ~ Babe Ruth

just go back to joomla & provide a donation to make it work
    Literally Wikipedia & WikiLeaks business model

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.