What music should there be during FMG?

Viewing 6 posts - 71 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Evan Stanley
    Participant

I think the music really depends on the mood. I think FMG by itself has no inherent tone by itself. But I've done some RP themes in both WoD and DND games with FMG in it that varied.

For romantic type FMG's, love based type changes… I really don't think anything but a soft melodious tone like "Bring Me To Life" really works. That song is very very good, and has a touch of hope and inspiration at the end.

But then I've also seen scenes were the female protagonist has her lover in danger, and the FMG is a reaction to protect and react, causing a combat or fight scene in which case you want something far more adrenaline based, even something like "Dragula".

If I had to pick one that wasn't either of the above, I am very partial to this song, and its lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyMDFk-BkPQ

Especially lines like "angel baby give me more and more.."

trilliwig
    Participant

Sorry for bringing this old thread back to the top, but hey, there's stuff on the first page of this forum from last year.

I think the music really depends on the mood. I think FMG by itself has no inherent tone by itself. But I've done some RP themes in both WoD and DND games with FMG in it that varied.

Very true; the mood can take on the full spectrum of the presenter's imagination.

I've always thought Push It, by Garbage would be perfect for the more darkly seductive sequences.  Not to mention Shirley Manson seems like an ideal subject for some FMG herself!

From the classical side of things, it's probably far too easy to use an overly dramatic piece.  So I'll try to restrain myself. 🙂

For the triumphant birth-of-a-goddess type transformations, I'd propose Pines of the Appian Way, from Ottorino Respighi's Pines of Rome.  The first 2 minutes and 4 seconds of quiet orchestral pulsing can be excerpted as needed, to set the mood, but after that point, each individual orchestral beat should accompany an appropriately epic pulse of growth!

And for lushly beautiful transformations (imagine the whole thing filmed through a blur filter and rose lighting, if you must), I've never encountered a more beautiful piece than the first 5 minutes of music from Scene III of Maurice Ravel's ballet Daphnis and Chloe.  It was originally meant to describe a sunrise, but FMG tends to arouse the same feelings in me, so I hope Ravel would excuse my appropriation of his poetry. 😀

Mimi
    Participant

[font=times new roman]No music needed…

I’d rely on organic sounds like slow, sensuous breathing and heartbeats.

XOXO’s

~Mimi

massivebodybuilder
    Participant

I would agree, no music…more organic sounds.

I was thinking perhaps the heart beat sound effect like from Forbidden Planet would be good…something like that

The Muffin man
    Participant

Every one of you should understand this.

"Da da daa daa DAANAAAH"

GWHH
    Participant

Nothing too odd

Every one of you should understand this.

"Da da daa daa DAANAAAH"

Viewing 6 posts - 71 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.