Youtube embeds causing a drop in browser performance?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TC2
    Participant

Hey all,

I’ve noticed recently that Amaz0ns members are starting to post more and more Youtube embeds on the website. Although I think the feature is useful, I am noticing that threads with back to back youtube embeds are causing a major performance drop on my Firefox browser.

For example, I’m the kind of the forum goer that goes to the recent topics and opens new tabs for every newly updated thread. Well as of late, most of the threads are of youtube videos of fitness or buff girls. The Kristen Graham thread being the most egregious.

So now when I open multiple tabs, I noticed that my browser will slow to a crawl and become unresponsive as all these youtube embeds load. The other concern I have with these youtube embeds is bandwidth consumption. Since Amaz0ns is a free service, I am concerned that the constant embeds are eventually going to cause a huge bandwidth problem for people who are viewing the content here on Amazons.

Personally, I don’t think it’s necessary to constantly update threads with Youtube videos. For example, I already follow the Kristen Graham content, so re-posting her youtube videos, especially ones that don’t feature her flexing or in a bikini, seems redudant. Instead, it should be encouraged that forum members subscribe or follow the channel instead of reposting on Amaz0ns.

But maybe I am the only one experiencing this performance problem? Curious what the rest of you think.

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

i have no problems but I also don’t open all the multiple sources to see threads
    Exhibit A: More Youtube thread is literally nothing but that very thing for years now
    back-to -back embedding

TC2
    Participant

Right, the youtube thread is fine. I can open one page full of youtube embeds, two even. But now most of the threads are becoming youtube embeds and now it’s causing my browser to slow down, borderline crash. When I open multiple threads that contain photos or discussions, that doesn’t cause any problems. But back to back threads with youtube threads seem to eat up a lot of resources.

elee0228
    Participant

I’ve noticed this as well.

Bane Dorrance
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.