3D on 3D = 3D ^ 2 ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CDR
    Participant

Hello there people!
    I recently adquired the capability to render stereoscopic 3d images and animations.
    You know, those images that, with the use of 3d glasses, let your percieve depth.
    The thing is that I dont know how many of you out there are actually interested on it.
    I can produce this formats:

Interlaced (Polarized Glasses).
    For me the best format. Very similar to the effect in cinemas but requires a polarized screen. Some new laptops (like mine) come with it.
    To see this image download it to your hard drive and make sure you dont have any zoom applied.
    http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3350/interlaced.jpg

Red/Green or Red/Blue Glasses
    By far the cheapest. It only requires a pair of red/blue glasses and any normal device can reproduce it.
    Con is that color reproduction gets nuked in the process.
    http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2661/redblue.jpg

I might be able to do other formats.
    Ok! What do you people think?

David
    Participant

The red/blue one looks really good. The color’s a little off, I wonder if it’s fixable? I need a 3D monitor for the other.

CDR
    Participant

It certainly can be adjusted. If there’s some comunity interest I’ll begin to experiment with it further.
    There are even some cheap glasses that use mirrors to combine 2 images into a 3d one.
    Anyone else?

CGMann
    Participant

YouTube has the YT3D tag that allows uploading of stereoscopic animations that can be displayed in multiple ways. I like the cross-eyed method myself.

Robert McNay
    Participant

The red/green looks like it might be good, but its hard to tell. Its very dark and monochromatic and the 3D effect doesn’t work very well like that.

CDR
    Participant

The coming picture pack will have 3D pics in it.
    I guess I’ll do them in several formats just to try them.
    I’ll be trying some YouTube3D later on.
    We’re investigating a way to automate Poser output for 3D animation work.

CDR
    Participant

We have just released the current picture pack but I didnt included 3D images in it yet.
    I do have the 3D versions of most of them but I still lack user info on formats and related user hardware to go global.
    We’ll perform some tests posting some sample images to get user feedback in order to make decent decisions on this regard.
    Thanks for your patience and enjoy the picture pack!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.