Anyone tried the new Daz Beta Test Iray?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    reddofnonnac
    Participant

Daz recently made their new public beta version available and it contains their new Iray physics based rendering and I was curious if anyone else here has given it a try and maybe has some tips to share.

This was my second attempt using the default Day at the Beach setup with some slight modifcations

Here is the other test run I did in my DeviantArt account.
    http://fav.me/d8liebx

I’m still trying to figure out the best way to easily do lighting and smoke effects.

Avery Leckrone
    Participant

Personally, I’m still trying to figure out how to get it to stop hanging when I try and end a render. So far, I get better results with Lux, although it takes just about forever on my dinosaur.

reddofnonnac
    Participant

I’ve had to reduce the resolution or else it crashes and burns but I’ve never had to worry about it hanging when I hit cancel. From what I gather it works off of iterations and time, if it hits the mark on one or the other it is suppose to end.

Avery Leckrone
    Participant

I think the real issue is that my computer’s processor kind of blows- I’m currently running an AMD Athlon II X4 645; I suspect I need a serious upgrade. I also want to upgrade my RAM (I’m running 6GB) and my GPU (an nVidia GeForce GTX 670). So… basically, I need to upgrade the whole system. This is what I get for investing in a new hobby…

As of right now, Iray simply won’t end the render even after time runs out… I set it for 7200 seconds (2 hours) and then left it overnight and until I got home from work; it was still chugging away when I got home. And cancelling made the system hand completely.

reddofnonnac
    Participant

Bummer. I’m currently running a i7 with 12GB with two 2GB video cards and it runs a little slow at times but otherwise seems to render ok.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.