Classic Physiques of Femuscle

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    AlexG
    Keymaster

Denise Rutkowski

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Reason
    Participant

Ah Denise! Has anyone ever looked better in a gold bikini!

Also, some of the other photos are completely new to me, so thanks so much for posting them, Alex!

From what I’ve read about her, she was also a pretty wonderful person as well. In fact I think it was discovering religion that led to her sudden retirement.

AlexG
    Keymaster

Just a few more of Denise . . .

[/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

[/URL]

This last one was taken in ’93, but used in the ’01 FLEX article-interview w/ Denise when she resurfaced and told what she’d been doing and why she dropped out. Seems (at the time of the interview) she was back into lifting, but was thinking of going in the direction of becoming a personal trainer, but had no real interest in making a return to the contest stage. B)

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”

fbbfan
    Participant

Amazing thread, I thought I saw every imaginable photograph taken of Denise.

Amazing stuff. Thanks for posting these wonderful pics.

Speaking of Denise, here is a link of an old video I posted of her….
    one of the biggest bummers of FBB is that she vanished from the scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSv4_5w-pxw

AlexG
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting the vid-clip, fbbfan. :woohoo: B)

AlexG
    Keymaster

Sharon Bruneau

[/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

Danny
    Participant

AlexG wrote:

Sharon Bruneau
    [/URL]

One of the first FBB’s I ever saw and probably the reason I like it so much

thank you!

Does Women’s Physique World even exist anymore? I remember that zine, I feel like it was replaced with Oxygen tho….

AlexG
    Keymaster

boboy wrote:

Does Women’s Physique World even exist anymore? I remember that zine, I feel like it was replaced with Oxygen tho….

Sort of, after fashion.

The hardcopy printed mag was folded up a few yrs back. They were experimenting with an on-line version, but I don’t think they’re still producing it.

http://www.wpwmagazineonline.com/magazines.html

You can still get downloads of scanned copies of the past issues, or go to eBay to pick up the hardcopy issues that ppl are selling off from their collections.

The internet killed off the niche market for FBBr magazines. WPW was the last to go. Prior to that there was Female Bodybuilding and Fitness and Women’s Physique Publication (a sister mag to WPW). At one time the main stream BBing mags like Flex had the Power and Sizzle section, and for a time Muscular Development (this would have been in early to mid 90s) had almost as much coverage of the women as they did the men, including a monthly centerspread of a leading FBBr, sometimes on both sides of the fold out.

Trash Boat
    Participant

Simply love the photo in pink costume. Thanks Alex!

Robert McNay
    Participant

Ooooooooooo Sharon, one of the true “babes” of bodybuilding. Even when she dialed it back to fitness competition and modeling, she was still drop dead gorgeous. I could fall in love with her in about 2 seconds.
    :woohoo: :silly: :kiss: :laugh:

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.