Commissioners: How YOU describe what you want

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    …..
    Participant

Hi,
    This thread is primarily geared towards anyone who commissions art in the genre of female muscle, fmg, etc. I have had this curiosity for awhile but I was wondering how you describe what you want to artists. I’m sure different people may have different ways of going about this.

I feel this especially applies to commissioning artists who don’t normally work in female muscle growth or muscular/fit females at all. How do you best describe what you want in a scene, how the growth will proceed (if there is any), or levels of muscularity, etc.

I’d be interested to hear!

sacul
    Participant

As both an artist and someone who has commissioned as well, first ask if the artist can/ is willing to do a commission, then go about showing a picture of the subject how much mass, background, pose and so forth. I’ve normally commissioned from artists who i know are female muscle artists, so i don’t know how to go about people who don’t normally draw that.

elee0228
    Participant

I have commissioned a lot of artists, some who never had done female muscle in the past. It’s best in all cases to just provide a lot of reference pictures and provide as much detail as you can about what you want. That’s my advice at least.

up2nogd1
    Participant

Part of it depends upon the artist. If they give you preliminary drawings you have some freedom to give less of description in order to give the artist some freedom. Part of the joy of commissioning is not knowing exactly what your thoughts will bring out. I would caution not to ask for too many changes unless they continue to solicit your opinion.

For those artists who take the idea and give you a final drawing I will agree that more detailed description is better, especially if you are looking for a specific pose. As I tend to like the bicep flexes I have given the detail of arm bend, position, tensed fist, height of the bicep, etc.

Another thing to remember is that they will likely put their own spin on things. You are likely picking an artist because you like their style. So respect their take and try not for force them too far outside their comfort zone.

Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.