Inside the Writers Studio: Writing non-MG genre stories

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AlexG
    Keymaster

This installment of Inside the Writer’s Studio – a question that I’ve not posed before to anyone that writes MG stories . . . B)

Have you ever written any non-MG stories – or any stories as a sequel to one of your previously written MG stories, but w/o any further MG transformation scenes as a part of the sequel.

Also – if you have written any non-MG stories, I’m asking if you’ve written in other transformational genres such as GTS, SW or Transgenic (Furry), etal which don’t necessarily include any hypertrophic muscle growth as a part of those genres.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Avery Leckrone
    Participant

I’m not entirely sure I understood the question, but… if you’re asking if I’ve ever written stories in which muscle growth (or any other form of transformation) was not a component of the story, then I’m pretty sure I can say “yes.”

If you are specifically asking about fanfictions, though, then the answer is a no, since I tend to avoid fanfiction like the plague. Because of my aversion to fanfiction, the only ones I’ve written (both based loosely off of Final Fantasy) have been strictly FMG short stories.

AlexG
    Keymaster

I thought I was being fairly clear (*sigh*) but for the sake of clarity I’ve attempted to streamline the question(s). B)

And no, I wasn’t actually referring to fanfictions, but in hindsight I can seen why you might have thought so.

Artists that do comic book panels would also qualify, since they’re a story with visual aids.

In all honestly, I’m not expecting too much in the way of participation
    since so many of the writers / artists that used to come here don’t anymore.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”

El_Roy_1999
    Participant

I have written plenty of stuff, fiction and non-fiction alike.

As to the fiction stuff: While I have certainly produced a lot of FMG content, I have also written a bunch of breast expansion stories and some stories of which I think that the FMG is a nice extra, but not actually the important part of the story.

In the same way, there are some of my stories that do not include muscle growth. The characters stay the same size, although this is usually big.

This aside, I have also produced a couple of short stories in an entirely different direction.

Overall, I think that muscle growth is mostly a way to visualize character growth, but in a more psychological sense. Of course, there are quite a few stories that are just quick jerk-off material, but I like to do more.

Jayne Greye
    Participant

My wife and I plan to do a fiction book without muscle growth as a sequel to Muscle Therapy. There will be muscular people in it but FMG is not the focus. I’m not sure what you are asking though. 🙂

AlexG
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what you are asking though. 🙂

Just wondering how varied, or not, some of our members are in writing stories beyond just the muscle growth genre.

Myself, I’m currently working on one w/ some of my existing characters w/o any transformation scene(s)
    – something of an anthology collection w/ each chapter as a short story unto itself, but linked overall in a broad arc. B)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.