Interesting suggestions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    phenoms
    Participant

So I was trying to get some inspiration to create something new for my dA gallery.

I stopped by the Amaz0ns forum as I was about to start seeking art or photos there and then here at dA to inspire me.

The very first post I noticed was one by Lingster that he was sitting in the chat room. I detoured to chat thinking the post was 40+ minutes ago and that no one would be there. To my surprise, Lingster was still in there as well as one other member.

I stuck around to chat and mentioned what was on my mind (looking for inspiration). I then got the idea to try asking here in a journal post for suggestions.

Lingster had an interesting suggestion of his own. He said try asking instead for commission requests.

That sort of threw me for a loop. It is not an idea I had ever entertained. I responded to Lingster by saying that I did not think I was notable enough a member to get commission requests. He suggested to bid low and see what happens; that everyone has to start somewhere.

I then gave my next reason for hesitation: anonymity. To accept payments, I would need to reveal a certain amount of personal information. Not something I am comfortable with. I create art and photo modifications as well as participate in the femuscle community all as a way to escape when I am stressed. Chances are, the more you see “Phenoms”, the more stressed out the guy behind the pseudonym is.

Tastes in this community tend to have a fairly broad range, and one person’s taste can sometimes be the opposite of another person’s taste.

My tastes tend towards petite, very lean, and pretty females with attractive faces and tiny waistlines. I favor pleasure over pain as a theme, and affection/attraction over disgust/domination.

So that said, with my personal taste, I tend not to like giantesses, violence against other characters, or domination themes.

I have observed many commission requests that favor things I have no interest in. Personally speaking, I need to feel inspired in order to create. The simple fact is that it can take me countless hours when creating. I tend to shut everything out and focus on creating something I can be happy with. When I create things to be shared with the public, I tend to be even more attentive to details.

I have many partially created projects that sit untouched because I lost inspiration for them, or was suddenly very inspired to create something else.

I don’t happen to think the way I go about creating allows much room for taking commission requests.

So here are some questions I pose to anyone reading this:

On commissions…
    Would you ever consider hiring me to do a commission?
    Of what and for how much (if any) money?
    Why?

On suggesting something for me to create…
    Would your suggestions fall within the themes I tend to prefer?
    What would you like to see me create?

I wonder if anyone will bother reading this post all the way to the bottom. I think I shall cross post it here on dA and on the Amaz0ns forums.

My Deviant Art Page (old stuff):
    phenoms.deviantart.com

My Booru Gallery (new stuff):
    phenoms.booru.org

Also
    www.thevalkyrie.com/picthumb/p/phenoms/index00.htm
    www.thevalkyrie.com/picthumb/p/phenom_fett/index00.htm

AlexG
    Keymaster

Well, I read it all the way to the bottom. B)

Why? Cuz I’m that way, that’s why! 😉

In all seriousness, just a suggestion, but you might want to do it through eBay (or one of the other on-line auction services) that way you have both seller and buyer protection on the sale.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Trash Boat
    Participant

The idea sounds interesting. But I have to think details more before I can say anything and I have kind of a lot going on on the moment.

I’ll be back.

phenoms
    Participant

*Bump*

Just bringing this back into the spotlight to see if this time I can get more feedback than last time.

My Deviant Art Page (old stuff):
    phenoms.deviantart.com

My Booru Gallery (new stuff):
    phenoms.booru.org

Also
    www.thevalkyrie.com/picthumb/p/phenoms/index00.htm
    www.thevalkyrie.com/picthumb/p/phenom_fett/index00.htm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.