Novels?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    jdrabbit1
    Participant

Anyone know of any actual novels in print that center around Female Muscle, FMG, ans super strong women?  Novels that are like stories you'd find here, and at Brawna, and DTV.

khuddle
    Participant
    AlexG
    Keymaster

Most of the material is GTS, but you might find a few w/ FMG.

Link: http://mg-sg.pbworks.com/

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

jdrabbit1
    Participant

I'm not looking for just stories, but actual books, fictional stories in paperback or hardcover.

AlexG
    Keymaster

I'm not looking for just stories, but actual books, fictional stories in paperback or hardcover.

To my knowlegdge there aren't any to be found, at least like those you find posted on-line.

The closest you get to the buffed chix topic is either those rare instances in sci-fi – "Friday" by Robert Heinlein or S.M. Stirling's Draka Trilogy, mainly in the third novel of the series "The Stone Dogs" which does get femuscularly graphic in a couple of instances.  If I recall correctly, Lingster reviewed one of Stirling's more recent works on his blog page last yr for its femuscular content.  It might have been "The Sky People" or "In the Courts of the Crimson Kings" but I'm not certain.

Or in exposé works about the world of FBBr – "Chemical Pink" by Katie Arnoldi being one of the more recent covering the more unsavory elements that gravitate about the physique sub-culture.

As a buffed venue for hard copy storytelling, the subject is generally more commonly found within the realm of comic books – She-Hulk or Powergirl as recent examples.  You also might want to check the thread here at Amaz0ns about Lyman Dally and his Quadra Blu character.

EL Publications was a source for comic book graphic growth novels, but I heard had gone of out business.  Some of their materials might or might not be found on eBay.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Ad_Meyer
    Participant

"Labyrinth", a short story in a "Miles Vorkosigan saga" series by Lois McMaster Bujold will probably qualify under this definition.  Another SciFi novel that features large muscular ladies is "Crown of Slaves" by David Weber and Eric Flint. 

rob000
    Participant

"Love Child" by Andrew Neiderman.

stevexyz
    Participant

There is a science fiction story (not a novel) from the 70s or 80s about an experiment done on a sort of bag lady that transforms her into an Amazon type after enclosing her in a sort of cocoon. They also do this to a gangster, who turns into a tiny flying fairy (no kidding!). I think it was by Ian Watson or another British author ???, but although I've researched this, I cannot find the book I read this story in or it's title. Sorry about being so vague, but this story does exist somewhere!

ratlaf
    Participant

God Emporer of Dune, by Frank Herbert features Nayla, a super strong muscular woman as a major supporting character.  Apparently she can lift a 100kg man with one arm…

alex
    Participant

God Emporer of Dune, by Frank Herbert features Nayla, a super strong muscular woman as a major supporting character.  Apparently she can lift a 100kg man with one arm…

Yeah, actually all the Fish Speaker (emperor Leto's army) were formed by amazonian women, some clearly despicted as muscular.

But anyone who reads this book without reading the first three is committing a crime of the highest order.  Simply one of the best Fantasy/Sci-Fi series ever made!

Other books I recollect having muscular women are:

1- Sphere, Michael Crichton: The main biologist portrayed by Sharon Stone in the movie, was in the book a very athletic women, who the main character referred to as Mother Nature with muscles at one point.

2- Hyperion, Dan Simmons:  One of the main female characters is a short but very strong woman who lived in a world with strong gravity.  In one passage, she fights naked and lifts and throws a man across the room.  THIS IS A VERY, VERY GOOD BOOK!!!

3- Malazan Book of The Fallen:  In this amazing high fantasy series, strong women are present in many places, though not always in an explicit way.  But in some armies, a lot of the heavies (armored units) are females.  This is, along with A Song of Ice and Fire, one of my favorite fantasy series. It's not easy to get in to, because the author just throws you in the middle of this entire new world, but after you get in to it, you won't get out.  Extremely good literature.

I'll think of other books later when I have more time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.