Re: Celebrity Shmoes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Matt Groening. Marge has put on muscle before (was it twice? I know when she was a cop she was at least more assertive and I think stronger), and we can’t forget Futurama’s Leela as well as the entire planet Amazonia! I LOVE that episode.
    “WHAT? Did you tell them that the players’ fundamentals make up for their inability to dunk?”
    “Me did, they still laugh!”

Jon
    Participant

I definitely agree with you about JJ Abrams… yet another reason I will keep watching his shows!

From a ways back, I would guess Rob Tapert, who produced the Hercules and Xena shows, was a confirmed shmoe.
    Let's look at the facts:

1. Cast Cory Everson as Atalanta
    2. Many Amazons featured, including a guest spot by Vicky Pratt (before she got rid of most of her lovely muscles), sigh!
    3. Invented Xena Warrior Princess, then married Lucy Lawless!

I hope that we can root out some more celebrity shmoes.  😎

Muscle Growth Nut
    Participant

Matt Groening. Marge has put on muscle before (was it twice? I know when she was a cop she was at least more assertive and I think stronger)

No, she didn't bulk up when she become a cop. She was just the hottest cop in existence, that's all. 😀

Anonymous

No, she didn't bulk up when she become a cop. She was just the hottest cop in existence, that's all. 😀

Hahaha, true, true 🙂

Amazon Lover
    Participant

However there has been a buff Marge shown in that Simpsons newspaper comic (Is that still around?  They never hyped that very much…), seen in a fantasy sequence.  And those Amazons have been seen more than once in Futurama, at least twice.  The second time was when Zap Brannigan blew up DOOP headquarters.  Fry actually hit on the amazon woman in that episode, and he and Zap liked the idea of having "Snoo-snoo" with the amazons in the original Amazon ep.  Matt Groening very well may be one of us…!

Muscle Growth Nut
    Participant

However there has been a buff Marge shown in that Simpsons newspaper comic (Is that still around?  They never hyped that very much…), seen in a fantasy sequence.

Indeed there was. Behold!

fasola
    Participant

Indeed there was. Behold!

Amazing, never heard, saw, wahtever of that strip before.
    I never tought of Groenig as a schmoo before, but now i do, deffinetly.

One that we might add to the list is Josh Wedon (hope to have spelled that right)

He gave us ladies like Buffy, and all the slayers, all the demon ladies in his Buffy and Angel series. Many of them having important roles in the series. I know they weren't in the "buff" department, but man, they were all super strong. He might be a fan of pettite and ultra strong chics, but is something.
    Rumors of his Wonder Woman movie are keeping me waiting, he could make a very interesting aproach to the character.

ratlaf
    Participant

There are also two Big movies that momentarily featured a female bodybuilder, The Cell had a very muscular woman as one of his victims, and of course Napoleon Dynamite featured Carmen Brady and given the mass popularity of that movie among the high school age the next generation of fe-muscle admirerers should be developing nicely, yes, yes, they're almost ready, they're ripe, very ripe indeed…

nsl2050
    Participant

There are also two Big movies that momentarily featured a female bodybuilder, The Cell had a very muscular woman as one of his victims, and of course Napoleon Dynamite featured Carmen Brady and given the mass popularity of that movie among the high school age the next generation of fe-muscle admirerers should be developing nicely, yes, yes, they're almost ready, they're ripe, very ripe indeed…

Actually in my perfect world, every woman would want to be muscular, but the only man admiring it would be me 🙂

Just to pick up on another point about the Simpsons. Back on Wreck's board I once opined that "Strong Arms of the Ma" was probably the most watched program to feature female bodybuilding. Would anybody care to dispute?

AlexG
    Keymaster

The topic triggered a memory that the late Gregory Hines was quite the femuscle fan amongst the celebs that regularly followed the contest scene – even was dating (engaged to?) Negrita Jayde before his passing away.

http://www.wpw.net/common/themes/wpw/x.asp?t=i&d=/wpwclubs/0-intros/njayde5/intro&m=/wpwclubs/0-intros/njayde5&afid=&hid=WP

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.