Satin Steele: "Contest Jitters" page 9

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    David C. Matthews
    Participant

…is now posted. <- that’s the link!

Ordinarily, I’d urge you to visit my update blog for more details, but there are no other details. (This post is already longer than the update post!)

If you’re new to Satin Steele or the story "Contest Jitters", here are a couple of useful links:

Satin Steele home page

"Contest Jitters"

Zespara Alathar
    Participant

The latest page is fantastic as per usual, Dave. The way you draw Satin is remarkable and she looks so sexy.

Eventually she will find out what a rat her soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend really is. 👿

Continued success with all of your works!

Z

Anonymous

Fantastic work, Dave – thanks for sharing with us all!

10-4
    Participant

I see your using a lot more modified photographs in your art nowadays. By any chance, would you happen to own a blue Ford Taurus? :mrgreen:

I like how you got the gym bag and assorted stuff in the trunk. This sort of hand drawn / live action material reminds of the film, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

David C. Matthews
    Participant

I see your using a lot more modified photographs in your art nowadays. By any chance, would you happen to own a blue Ford Taurus? :mrgreen:

Why, yes I do… what a coinkydink! 😉

Fact of the matter is, I effin’ hate drawing buildings and cars. They take up so much time, and if you don’t get the perspective and the other crap exactly right, it looks like, well, crap. So you can expect to see a lot more use of photos in my work. Lets me devote more time to drawing the fun things, like Satin, and Tetsuko, and Dyna, and…

David
    Participant

A sterling (stirling?) page.

Maybe you need to spend an afternoon in a new car lot? Or a parking lot? You know build up a reference file one day when you have a hundred other more important things not to do. 😀

AlexG
    Keymaster

Been there and liked it (a lot!) . . . but then you probably already knew that fact . . . 8)

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

The_Pimp_NeonBlack
    Participant

Excellent work once again, dear David.

I’s am glad to see you delving into character and displaying their faults (Satin’s insecurity, her boyfriend’s displeasure, etc) rather than just keeping them as Super Hero cliches and standards (powerful woman and loyal but naive boyfriend).

Kudos to you and your work.

Peace

The Pimp NeonBlack

David C. Matthews
    Participant

Excellent work once again, dear David.

I’s am glad to see you delving into character and displaying their faults (Satin’s insecurity, her boyfriend’s displeasure, etc) rather than just keeping them as Super Hero cliches and standards (powerful woman and loyal but naive boyfriend).

Kudos to you and your work.

Peace

The Pimp NeonBlack

And I’m happy to find you here at She Grew! Your comments are always a pleasure to read.

The_Pimp_NeonBlack
    Participant

And I’m happy to find you here at She Grew! Your comments are always a pleasure to read.

Thank you, dear David, but the true pleasure lies in seeing your latest creation.

Peace

The Pimp NeonBlack

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.