Story idea

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lbujold
    Participant

Hi,

I am an avid reader but unfortunately not talented story writer (fmg or otherwise). But I do get ideas somitmes who could be used by others inspire them.

Some of you who have Discovery Health channel may be aware of the National Body Challenge Series that have passed over the last years. I find the show inpirational in itself. You see men and women transform their bodies over a twelve week period, going from fat to fit. A couple of the women in those shows even have developped some nice muscle tone.

Now why not use the basic concept and "spike it up". I could just sew a Marknew story using one of his storyline: "The New Woman challenge". Like a promotional event launched early after the formula is released to the public to really get the women population "hooked" on it.

Imagine what kind of transformation would a group of selected women undergo in twelve weeks with the New Women formula and heavy iron pumping. The results would be amazing, turning them progressively into amazons. The show would feature interviews with the participants telling how much their lives have changed as they grew super-strong and muscular and show off their new muscles on camera with feats of strength and before after comparisons…New clothing styles, lifestyles and outlook on life, maybe some live drama with the relatives/boyfriends over their evolving relationships.

The story would end with the amazing response from the female populace to the show and how it launched New Woman sales sky high…

Anyway, I just thought I would share the idea and encourage the writters

Richard
    Participant

For somone who can’t write you’ve allready done most of the work. The first step in writing ( my first step anyway) is a basic outline of the story. You have your outline now just try to flesh it out a bit. It’s not as hard as it seems once you start the words will just flow so give it a try.

Hunter S Creek
    Participant

I agree with Ristard, Ibujold. You have a great idea and also the basic outline for it. Take your time and just add more details. You’ll have a complete story before you know it.

Cheers!

Hunter

Mark Newman
    Participant

There are many ways to do it.

One simple way would be to select half a dozen pictures from one of these body improvement sites and write the story around them, using invented names and personal histories. And I don’t think anyone here would mind if you used the pictures as illustrations.

Just take one step at a time. It’s less daunting than trying to do the whole project at once.

JimmyDimples
    Participant

That’s how I’m doing it with Power Play. I get a bare bones plot, like you just did. Then I divvy it up into chapters. I think of a neat little scene here, a neat little scene there, and find a way to connect the dots… one thing that helps is to try to imagine it on the movie screen.

I’ve got PP’s plot ready, it’s just a matter of describing it.

I look forward to seeing your finished product. Have fun with it!

Cowprobe
    Participant

lbujold,

This sounds like a real multimedia opportunity.

If some folks got a couple of picture alterations together you’d have a real compelling package.

Here’s hoping you give ‘fleshing out’ 🙄 (aggh bad pun) your story a try 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.