worm /malware when trying to log on amaz0ns

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Ashlee
    Participant

Dear Mods there seems to be a problem. when coming to the site a worm/malware pops ups , stating you computer is infected
    you have to shutdown the net and reboot to remove the malware can you check it out/
    anybody else having a problem with this.

FlakBait
    Keymaster

Both Alex and I have been seeing this for a couple weeks, we have messaged Lingster about it and are waiting… Neither one of us can do anything about actual forum code.

FlakBait
    Keymaster

Update for anyone experiencing this issue….so are we. Lingster is working on it, the site has been updated and migrated but something somewhere is still borked.

Lingster
    Keymaster

I’ve made some changes. The only one you’ll see is that the Home link and Forum link both go to the forum now, and the forum is the front page of the site.

FMG OG | Growth Comics | Amaz0ns founder

Lingster
    Keymaster

Also, some people are seeing a 504 gateway timeout error when they post, I think that’s just a configuration issue with the migration to the new server. I’ll work that out this weekend.

Ashlee
    Participant

Thank you Guys for corrections, Its pisses me off when assholes have to screw with someones web site & our computers!!

Lingster
    Keymaster

OK, please let me know on this thread if you see any login weirdness.

That would qualify as a login error that mentions “session”, or certainly anything that looks like Malware. If you could post screengrabs here, as well, that would be great.

Oh, and I think the reason for the 504 errors was that we were exceeding the host plan’s traffic limits. I’ve made some changes to try to make that less frequent.

Lingster
    Keymaster

OK, please let me know on this thread if you see any login weirdness.

That would qualify as a login error that mentions “session”, or certainly anything that looks like Malware. If you could post screengrabs here, as well, that would be great.

Oh, and I think the reason for the 504 errors was that we were exceeding the host plan’s traffic limits. I’ve made some changes to try to make that less frequent.

AlexG
    Keymaster

So far the only thing that I’ve ran into this morning was another Error 504 Gateway time-out, but when I posted to the Julia Fory thread.

The post did post, however. I discovered that when I returned to the front page.

By the way, I’ve set this thread to sticky, thought it might stick out better when highlighted.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Lingster
    Keymaster

OK, so we didn’t get limited by the web host until after 11pm last night, and it’s a daily restriction so I think we might be OK from now on.

I also got the 504 error earlier in the day so it might not be related. I’ll need to dig into that. It’s possible the posting script is trying to reach some resource that isn’t present on the new server and it’s just hanging until it times out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.