worm /malware when trying to log on amaz0ns

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    TC2
    Participant

Okay, just got what Alex was talking about.

About: Blank
    [removed URL in case someone clicks on it by accident] techno911support781.gq is requesting your username and password. The site says: “Call Microsoft Technical Department and claim your username and password to get your PC unlocked – 866-811-6257”

It wants me to put in a username and password. Wow, this is much more agressive than the ones I was seeing before. Especially since it wouldn’t allow me to close the window without ALT F4’ing.

EDIT: Deleted my cookies. Will need to do a few attempts to verify that deleting cookies worked.

Lingster
    Keymaster

Ok, so I tried this out on a Windows machine using IE/Edge and saw it. I think I know where it is, I’ll try to purge it tonight.

FMG OG | Growth Comics | Amaz0ns founder

TC2
    Participant

Hey Lingster,

Did you ever get a chance to attempt the purge? Still seeing this issue pop up at least once a session.

FlakBait
    Keymaster

Hey Lingster,

Did you ever get a chance to attempt the purge? Still seeing this issue pop up at least once a session.

Yes, that’s actually part of the new “Amaz0ns Gold Premium Membership Package”, for a small “maintenance fee” of $19.95 a month we will ensure you do not have that pop-up when you login, unless of course you get it when you login I mean….no system is perfect, just paypal the money to my account…it’s totally legit…..

Lingster
    Keymaster

Don’t tempt me.

I’m going through files. I got a malware scanner but it’s throwing literally thousands of false positives, so … y’know.

Lingster
    Keymaster

OK, I’ve cleaned out EVERYTHING. Let me know if you see the problem again.

Lingster
    Keymaster

test

TC2
    Participant

Gotta say the website is running A LOT faster. Will have to test throughout the day to see if the malware site pops up, will update later on.

Lingster
    Keymaster

It’s stripped down to the studs. Plus it’s on a better host with a rep for speed. Time was I had dozens of sites and needed my own server. Today that makes no sense.

TC2
    Participant

I’m going to say so far, so good. I would’ve gotten the pop up by now. Day 1 is so far a success. Maybe Alex G will bump into something. Will re-test again tomorrow.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.