worm /malware when trying to log on amaz0ns

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Lingster
    Keymaster

I’ve been running malware scans on the whole site every 12 hours or so, in case there’s a rootkit hiding somewhere corrupting files. So far nothing. Also: all of the files that were corrupted were corrupted before I migrated to the new host, so it probably couldn’t continue to corrupt files after that. I think it’s probably all gone.

FMG OG | Growth Comics | Amaz0ns founder

TC2
    Participant

Day 2, going to confirm that there has been no sight of the malware. Looks clean on my end!

FlakBait
    Keymaster

Day 2, going to confirm that there has been no sight of the malware. Looks clean on my end!

Good because since you were the only one reporting seeing it again the next step to secure the site was to ban you…:pinch:

TC2
    Participant

Technically Alex reported it too. And you can’t ban me! I’ve got tenure.B)

FlakBait
    Keymaster

Alex is an appointed forum moderator doing his job making sure this site is safe for all visitors, as opposed to you just whining. However thank you for pointing out you have tenure, I have adjusted your account signature accordingly……B)

TC2
    Participant

Um, please don’t do that. Modifying my signature for reporting a legitimate malware issue is uncalled for. Just because I was the only one reporting the issue doesn’t mean other people didn’t run into it. I also didn’t come into the thread demanding anything. I simply asked if the virus clean up had happened because I was still getting the pop up which wouldn’t close unless I ALT-F4’d.

I’m not sure why you consider that whining but if doing an update on whether or not I see the issue as resolved is unwanted or unneeded then I will not bother replying to the thread. But don’t go abusing your admin privileges just because I was reporting on whether or not I was able to reproduce the issue on my end.

TC2
    Participant

I wish there wasn’t a time limit on the edit button so we could delete our own posts.

Anyway, just wanted to thank Lingster for taking the time to sort out the malware virus. I recognize that Amaz0ns is a labor of love and we should all be technically paying a subscription fee for the maintenance. The fact that it’s gone on this long has not gone unnoticed and I’d like to think the majority of the forum is also thankful for all the work you put into Amaz0ns.

So thanks again for rooting out the worm. Sorry that it was such a hassle on your end to remove.

AlexG
    Keymaster

Last time(s) I’ve had it occur was on monday 8/14, and again on wednesday 8/16. Have not seen it since.

All this I told Lingster by PM.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Lingster
    Keymaster

You’re welcome.

I’m thinking about adding ads that will show up for newer users and users who aren’t logged in. We still see a few thousand visits per day but most people rarely or never log in. They’re just googling the name of some muscle hottie and wind up here.

Used to be the hosting cost me a couple hundred bucks a month but thanks to the ever increasing power of web servers and a 2/3 reduction in visits now it’s down to about $200 per year. I think the ads will cover that.

FMG OG | Growth Comics | Amaz0ns founder

Ashlee
    Participant

message comes up saying I’m spam a account.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.