Dyna the Damsel Dynamo inaugurates this new section

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

..do I dare work that into the comic somehow?? Maybe she's flying fast and has to come to a sudden stop, inertia causes a "wardrobe malfunction" which an extremely lucky photographer catches, and next thing you know some James Dobson-American Family Association-type crowd is issuing statements condemning her costume for "corrupting the yout' of America". (Come to think of it, they'd probably do that anyway, "wardrobe malfunction" or not…)

Ha ha!  What a great idea!  I can just see the 'outraged' religious/family association type group now – "I am absolutely outraged by this  incredibly sexy superheroine and her outrageously provocative wardrobe malfunction.  I have been studying all of the photos of this outrageous incident in great detail and I'm so outraged that I'm going to have to go and spend 5 minutes alone with them in the bathroom right now!"

David C. Matthews
    Participant

Ha ha!  What a great idea!  I can just see the 'outraged' religious/family association type group now – "I am absolutely outraged by this  incredibly sexy superheroine and her outrageously provocative wardrobe malfunction.  I have been studying all of the photos of this outrageous incident in great detail and I'm so outraged that I'm going to have to go and spend 5 minutes alone with them in the bathroom right now!"

You just know that's what these "morality crusader" types are doing…

David C. Matthews
    Participant

Besides u got the perfect character to fan the flames of the James Dobson-American Family Association-type crowd, Thorndyke.

I can tell you that Thorndyke's social views are actually quite liberal; personally he wouldn't have a problem with practically anything anyone wants to wear. BUT, he is a real ratings whore, and he'll take whichever side he thinks will win his reports the most viewers in any controversy. (Which would make things interesting between Thorndyke and his cameraman Scott, who'd naturally take Dyna's side, if Thorndyke decided that it'd be better for ratings to appear to side with the "morality" crowd. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time Scott and Tom have clashed over a story…)

Lol,So it definitely be funny if she was given a recommended list of appropriate attire on national television. 😀

I can see a press conference, complete with crude illustrations (made by some staffer's 13-year-old son who's "so talented!"), giving examples of what they think would be appropriate to wear.

Cheez, some of this could actually work as a bit of "side story"… I'll have to keep this in mind!!

ratlaf
    Participant

…and next thing you know some James Dobson-American Family Association-type…

Six degrees of separation here, I went to Junior High School with James Dobson's Son, Todd…

phil442
    Participant

Great work!  Your work is some of the best on the web.  I was wondering, after reading Dyna Bio on your site, I note that the power belt thing that she wears has 3 settings.  I've just got to ask the question, when we are going to see settings 2 and 3?

David C. Matthews
    Participant

Great work!  Your work is some of the best on the web.  I was wondering, after reading Dyna Bio on your site, I note that the power belt thing that she wears has 3 settings.  I've just got to ask the question, when we are going to see settings 2 and 3?

I can't say when… I want their first appearance(s) to be a surprise!

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.