She-Hulk – Disney Plus Series

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    fasola
    Participant

Well, it took me a while to finnally diggest this news. I didn’t know Marvel needed this “merge”. I thought that maybe they were doing fine on their own. All the buzz Iron Man and in a smaller range Hulk had, I concidered the possibilñity of Marvel going solo, not to mention the huge Avengers movie concept/project. That said, I think that eventually there might be some influence in the decision of movies that are made, or how they are made. Let’s not forget all that has happened at DC, with all the other characters that don’t look “darky”. And I’m not only talking about Wonder Woman, but also a Superman sequel seems to be unlikely. Remember all the come and go with the producers, writers and the Warner board, they couldn’t come to an understanding so WW went to the freezer. There might be the same problems with the Disney board and the guys wanting to make a movie.

But all this is speculation, the only fact si that Joe “I spit on continuity, I will destroy all the characters” Quesada is still on the big chair as editor in chief.

raylight
    Participant

It won't affect Marvel very much if at all. Iger's Disney is very different from Eisner's Disney. Iger hasn't screwed with Pixar much if at all after Disney bought Pixar a couple of years ago (in fact Pixar has released its quirkiest films after being purchased), there's no reason to think they'd do it to Marvel. Disney releases R-rated stuff too (under the Touchstone label), so there's no reason to think they'd dumb Marvel down in any area. In any case Marvel already has a kiddie line, the worst that will happen is that the kiddie line will get a boost in circulation.

She-Hulk should be unaffected too.

What matters down the line is when Iger retires, and if his successor decides to be more hands-on with Marvel. But as long as Iger is in charge Disney shouldn't muck around with Marvel much if at all.

Basically, Disney wants cartoons and movies galore. They don't really care what Marvel does with the print side of things. All this means is that Disney XD will be flooded with new Marvel cartoons a year or so from now. The best-known "free" character is Hulk, so conceivably Hulk could lead the inevitable wave of toons, and that means She-Hulk won't be far behind.

Zespara Alathar
    Participant

All I know is that Walt Disney is probably spinning in his grave with all the crap that's been going on with the theme parks in both California and Florida.

Both areas are nowhere near the ballpark as far as what Walt envisioned them to originally be.  In the last 30 years I've seen them spiral downwards in regards to overall quality in pricing and intangible content.

I don't think that anything will change for the better at Marvel (at least in the film industry).  I think that they'll let things go on the publishing side of things.

My 2-cents worth.

Z

Prophet Tenebrae
    Participant

Having worked for a Disney-owned company for nine years, I can tell you it's all about the bottom line.

So… like every non-profit company then?

Of course, the issue for Disney – which has prompted a drop in its own share price – is that they're taking over a company that has been whoring out its licenses for some time. So, many of the biggest names are all tied up in rights deals – so, this will not be a quick pay off for them. So… While they wait for that to come through, you never know – stranger things have happened.

Don Jack
    Participant

It's as liekly as it has always been.

Meaning, She'll only show up as a supporting character/sidekick in a Hulk movie.

Tim
    Participant

Bah,Disney's tactic these past 10 years have been going in a downwards spiral…I don't expect much good to come out of this,unless they:
    1.Keep the people at Marvel working right,maybe even get them on the right track.
    2.Don't really bother with the whole thing at all(Unexpected though).
    Just look at all the crap Disney's been dishing out these past years….Poor poor Walt…

Robert McNay
    Participant

I don't think there was ever much of a chance for a She-Hulk movie getting made. The fan base isn't there and she's always been a lesser Marvel character.

As far as Marvel under Disney, I think it could be a good thing. I think Disney, since Eisner was bounced, has learned that you don't fix what ain't broke. They figured that out with Pixar, and I think they'll do the same here.

AlexG
    Keymaster

I don't think there was ever much of a chance for a She-Hulk movie getting made. The fan base isn't there and she's always been a lesser Marvel character.

If she were ever to see the light of the silver screen her initial introduction would be as a supporting character in a Hulk, FF, or Avengers movie.

Of course, if the appearance of an uberbuffed green superheroine didn't turn off the audience, and that they presented her in a positive manner (in personality, as much as in physique), then they **might** consider a spin-off movie down the road.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Robert McNay
    Participant

If she were ever to see the light of the silver screen her initial introduction would be as a supporting character in a Hulk, FF, or Avengers movie.

Of course, if the appearance of an uberbuffed green superheroine didn't turn off the audience, and that they presented her in a positive manner (in personality, as much as in physique), then they **might** consider a spin-off movie down the road.

I don't really think so. The character has never held her own in the Marvel pantheon. She's almost always been a member of a team. Her own title runs have never lasted very long as far titles go.

Its takes something more to get a movie. Look how long Nick Fury's been around and his movie can't seem to get off the ground.

She Hulk's popular with folks like us, here on Amaz0ns, but not the general comic fan.

AlexG
    Keymaster

I don't really think so. The character has never held her own in the Marvel pantheon. She's almost always been a member of a team. Her own title runs have never lasted very long as far titles go.

Its takes something more to get a movie. Look how long Nick Fury's been around and his movie can't seem to get off the ground.

She Hulk's popular with folks like us, here on Amaz0ns, but not the general comic fan.

Note I placed it in the context of **might** – not that they would.

Back in the late 80's Marvel did play around with the idea of a She-Hulk movie featuring Brigitte Nielsen.

So, never say never, under the right conditions anything **might** happen.  😉

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.