Amaz0ns ̸P̸r̸o̸b̸a̸b̸l̸e̸ ̸S̸h̸u̸t̸d̸o̸w̸n̸

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Lingster
    Keymaster

I just got the bill from my ISP for another year of hosting Amazons, and it’s about $630. I don’t really want to pay it.
    Let me know if anyone has any thoughts about keeping it going–fundraiser or that sort of thing. Otherwise I’m probably going to shut it down.

Sorry about this. I know a lot of you have been coming here for decades, but user numbers are not what they used to be and the hosting is prohibitively expensive.

FMG OG | Growth Comics | Amaz0ns founder

TC2
    Participant

Ouch that is a huge bill.

I think we’ve always floated the idea of maybe supporting the site with a patreon or paypal donation.

But having coming here for many many many years, it does seem to me this place had many become a repost of items found on either reddit, instagram, or youtube.

For me, the true value is when the community finds a gem in unexpected places. Muscle girls in video games or TV shows. But this place does seem a lot more dead nowadays.

I check this website daily as often as I can and it’s usually the same 3 people who post. Haven’t heard hide nor hair of any other members unless it’s a thread asking a question about a topic. Such a shame. But it does feel like the time to sunset Amaz0ns is here. 🙁

Lingster
    Keymaster

There are about 300 regular visitors—mostly silent—and then around 2500 search visitors per week. But my efforts to monetize those visits haven’t really worked, and I’ve kept the site running for a long time because I didn’t want to let people down. 

FMG OG | Growth Comics | Amaz0ns founder

luvemhuge5699
    Participant

sorry to hear about this.  been coming here for years.  best female muscle site going.  perfectly understand not wanting to pay that bill.  that’s a lot for a website free to users.  thanks.  for everything.

Bane Dorrance
    Participant

if it’s good enough for Wikipedia ,…then it’s good enough for amaz0ns

been telling ppl on WhatsApp/Kik/Twitter etc. to frequent this website

unkn0wnx
    Participant

Hope there is another way.  Would be sad to see this site go down.  Nothing lasts forever.

Participant

Ouch that is a huge bill.

I think we’ve always floated the idea of maybe supporting the site with a patreon or paypal donation.

Might work.. but if not, I appreciate the time & effort that has been put in to this forum. It’s been a good resource.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=98262324

AlexG
    Keymaster

First cup of coffee in the morning and checking out the Amaz0ns forums that will be a habit hard to give up.

I’ve been kinda anticipating for year or two that this might happen.  It’s not like it was, oh say, a couple of decades back – a world of difference. There was real sense of community and I’d say that perhaps a quarter to a third of the participants were women who shared in the interest(s) of real world FBBring, and fantasy FMG, GTS or SW. 

Amaz0ns isn’t the only forums to be in decline, the same is true over at RX Muscle, where I also post to the Muscular Women thread.

“I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.”
    ~ Mark Twain / Samuel Clemens (1907)

unkn0wnx
    Participant

Sadly, we sometimes take things for granted till we are about to lose them.  Thanks everyone!

elee0228
    Participant

Have you thought about different hosting providers? I’m surprised you are paying that much, there are a lot of other more affordable options out there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.