Amaz0ns ̸P̸r̸o̸b̸a̸b̸l̸e̸ ̸S̸h̸u̸t̸d̸o̸w̸n̸

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Lingster
    Keymaster

Ok, I’m planning to do a test migration Friday morning without shutting down the current site, and if that works I’ll shut down the site later in the day and do it for real.

Hypothetically you won’t even need to reset your passwords and should be able to log in easily. There won’t be DMs, at least initially, so if you want to save anything, do it now.

FMG OG | Growth Comics | Amaz0ns founder

TC2
    Participant

Godspeed.

Nick Furry
    Participant

glad you are back. let’s help you do this. sent up a go fund me account!

phenoms
    Participant

Before I say anything else, I must start with a heartfelt thank you to Lingster, the steadfast moderators, and the regulars that’ve never skipped a beat.

I’ve come to know so many of you over that period of decades Lingster alluded to. My life like so many others pulled me away from the regular daily participation here, but if Lingster should need to decide to shut this place down, I’m glad for the timing of me returning tonight so I could express my gratitude.

To me, it would almost seem like perfect timing if it was shut down now. A sort of closure. Around a year ago I returned here to share my story of heartbreak as I struggled to get over my relationship with a muscle girl. Honestly I’m still working through it, but am in a much better place. Talking about it here brought me a measure of comfort. I knew I was among friends.

To be clear, I don’t want Amaz0ns to close, but I won’t ask Lingster to continue funding it single handedly out of some sense of obligation. Some good suggestions were already made: Moving to a less expensive host (which apparently means migrating to different software if possible), holding a fundraiser, and having a subscription based model.

I’ll add two contingent suggestions on the chance that it must be shut down: Archive everything into something that can be downloaded, and possibly charge a fee to sell it. Get the Archive.org Wayback Machine to archive the entire forum as completely as possible with multiple crawl passes to minimize data loss.

I realize the Internet isn’t permanent, but the Wayback Machine is as close as we can get.

My Deviant Art Page (old stuff):
    phenoms.deviantart.com

My Booru Gallery (new stuff):
    phenoms.booru.org

Also
    www.thevalkyrie.com/picthumb/p/phenoms/index00.htm
    www.thevalkyrie.com/picthumb/p/phenom_fett/index00.htm

Lingster
    Keymaster

So far so good.

TC2
    Participant

Wow, looks good so far! As per every Amaz0ns update tradition my avatar has once again evolved. I am noticing that we can no longer add regular line breaks which is interesting.
    But I’m sure these are all things that will be resolved.
    Also, please feel free to include a donation bar or tip jar so we can help offset the cost of the website. No sense in you shouldering all the burden.

Lingster
    Keymaster

I’m going to put ads on it, and then hide most of the ads for people who are logged in. We’ll see how much that raises. Back in the early days of my blogging I was making about $600/month off ads, but those numbers plummeted over time, to the point where I didn’t bother with ads at all. We’ll see how it goes now.

elee0228
    Participant

I couldn’t log back in with my original account. It’s not sending me any e-mail when I try to reset it either. Anyone else seeing this problem?

fasola
    Participant

I know that at this point it might be ridiculous to say this but you never know, check the spam folder, mine went there for some reason.

Lingster
    Keymaster

I couldn’t log back in with my original account. It’s not sending me any e-mail when I try to reset it either. Anyone else seeing this problem?

I just sent you a password reset email. It should be from [email protected]

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.